• Release Deed

I have inherited two properties from my parents. And I want to give it to my sibling. do I need to make 2 separate release deed Or can I incorporate both in one deed itself.
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
better make 2 separate relinquishment Deeds . get it duly stamped and registered

Hi, it is always better go separate release deed and for avoid future complication.

make two separate relinquishment Deeds and  get it duly stamped and registered.

in Maharashtra it attracts only nominal stamp duty . get it drafted by a local lawyer to avoid legal complications in future

Nothing more to add.  I fully concur with the views of my learned colleagues.

Since there are 2 properties involved it will be legally prudent to make as many release deeds instead of one release deed so as to avoid being enmeshed in legal intricacies in future. Get the deed drafted by a lawyer to ensure that the properties are transferred smoothly without any legal hassles.