• Cheating through Matrimony

I got in to contact with my boyfriend through a matrimony site.We became so close and later he came to my house with his parents to see me.Then all of a sudden his mom told tht this marriage should not happen because somebody has predicted that we wil end up in a divorce.But ignoring al that we continued the relation.I met him..we had sex and later i became pregnant too.But his aim was to abort the child and for tht he took me fr a drive of about 12hours and tht night i had a bleedi g and i lost the child.Now he is not ready to marry me at all.He s challanging me to go and file a complaint.I had done al the means to mke a compormise but he is not willing.Plesse tell me a solution i could.
Asked 7 days ago in Criminal Law from Kottayam, Kerala
you should lodge complain on grounds of cheating and on grounds of outraging of womens modesty over FIR, it will land him up in trouble.
Aveek Bose

If u will file complain of rape on pretext of marriage, His game over.

1. The act done by your boy friend amounts to Sexual harassment and Rape.

2. You should not compromise as its serious offense. Not sure, he would have cheated many girls like this.

3. I suggest you to file a FIR against him.
Niranjan

file case of rape against him under section 376 of IPC 

2) your boy friend had sex with you under promise of marriage , made you pregnant then left you

1. This seems to be a clear case of cheating. So you must raise voice and lodge complaint with police.
2. The complaint would be based on the allegations of cheating and sex on the promise of marriage which amounts to rape.
3. Since this man has defrauded you it is advisable that you lodge the complaint asap.

Mam, file a complaint of cheating, breach of trust and rape against the boy as he has taken consent for sex on ground of marriage which can be clearly established in you case. As your intention was clearly to marry and the boy knowing this exploited you and took consent. further if any medical document of pregnancy and after documents that can be provided to police for record and case can be registered with complete factual details, see after this you wont be able to marry her as of now also you are not but you shall get justice or might be possible after complaint he is ready to compromise.

You should make a police complaint against the guy for cheating, criminal breach of trust, fraud inducement for sex on pretext of marriage which amounts to rape, and outraging the modesty of women.

Also enclose all the medical documents relating to yours pregnancy and abortion with the the complaint.

Regards.
Siddharth Jain

This is my response to you:
1. Harming you during the pregnancy is a dangerous crime in itself;
2. You should file an FIR against him for treating you like this and abetting in the murder of the foetus and also putting your life in jeopardy;
3. Take immediate actions and do not marry such culprits;
4. File a complaint to the national commission for women and report his incident;
5. Also, file a case against him for blindly believing in superstition and endangering lives of people around him;
6. This is a serious issue and you must take legal steps immediately.
Gowaal Padavi

1) If you have evidence against what he did with you and you had lived together than this marriage can be return into live-in-relationship.

1. You had sex with him with your free consent and now he is not willing to marry you. Under Indian law a promise to marry is not specifically enforceable as it can be revoked due to change in circumstances. 

2. Unless you have evidence to prove that he had promised to marry you, on the basis of which you agreed to have intercourse with him, you have no case against him. If, however, you have such evidence then a complaint under Section 376 IPC in the nearest police station can be filed for rape,

In case of consentual sex you cannot file a case of rape. Girls file rape against boy men under pretext of sex by way of promise to marry but it doesn't stand in court always. You can file cheating against him. If he has taken money you can also file the same.

You can file a complaint against him with the local police for cheating on the promise of marriage 
A case will be registered under section 417 ipc 

Even though it was consensual sex, he has made promise to marry you hence he is liable to marry you or to face legal action as per law.