• Land owner cheated by general power of attorney holder

we family of 7 entered in to agreement of sale for sale of agriculture land near bangalore and executed a power attorney to do all acts as per agreement of sale( This is one of condition imposed by purchaser) . In agreement of sale clearly mention sale of agriculture land only but our GPA holder converted the land and sold with out our knowledge.we received full value of consideration at the time of execution GPA .Now my question is can we challenge this in court and take necessary action to gpa holder.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
Hi, is there any sale clause in GPA and if the sale clause is there it has to registered and stamp duty has to be paid  on market value..........pls let me know the sale clause is there in GPA or not.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4551 Answers
203 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

is GPA registered? please clarify . it is necessary to go through GPA executed by you .

 whether GPA could convert the agricultural land or not on your behalf? who paid conversion charges? 

f you have received full consideration for sale of land how are you aggrieved?
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45573 Answers
2677 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

kindly note that GPA after september 2011 is not valid
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

When did you execute the GPA? Whether it is a registered GPA?  I agree with my learned friend that unregistered GPA after September 2011 is not valid, exception being adjudication of the GPA  by District Registrar. I think its your after thought to contest, inspite of having received the entire consideration at the time of executing the GPA
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1634 Answers
107 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If GPA was duly registered in accordance with law and you have received full consideration at the time of execution then what grievance do you hold against the sale? The land was sold in pursuance of GPA having been made. It is unclear from your query as to whether the holder of GPA had the authority to convert agricultural land. Even if no right was conferred on him to do so I am unable to comprehend as to what grievance do you have against sale having regard to the fact that full consideration was received by you.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer