• Obtain final decree without petition number


I gave a mutual consent for my husband with the help of his lawyer and now he is not giving me a copy of it. His lawyer also not responding. How can I obtain a copy of the signed decree without any petition number? I know the final appearance date. Will that help?
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Christian

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

13 Answers

You can search the case on ecourts website with help of name and from there you can get the case number.


Party search link chennai


Select family court in this type name and year of filing .

When you get the case number by that you can apply.for.certofied copy of the decree and order can keep that for your record.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Go to that same court with a letter written to the judge seeking for free copy of the decree of divorce

Aveek Bose
Advocate, Kolkata
1222 Answers
9 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

yes you can obtain the decree after you come to know the petition number. Now I will tell you how to get the petition number. Since you are from Chennai, go to this link http://judis.nic.in/DO_Chennai/content.asp and fill up the date range. once the search gives you the result, find out your name and your husband name which will form part of the title. once you get that, open the link and u will find the petition number. thereafter apply for a signed certified copy of the order from the court.

on the second option, u can search the case number with your name as well http://services.ecourts.gov.in/ecourtindia/cases/s_partyorder.php?state=D&state_cd=10&dist_cd=13

Shaveta Sanghi
Advocate, Chandigarh
914 Answers
111 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can file an inspection application, so as to entertain the case details and number.

After that, you can apply for Certified Copy in the same family court and pay requisite fee for the same.

You'll get the certified copy of the decree within a few days.


Siddharth Jain
Advocate, New Delhi
5933 Answers
101 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can apply for certifed copy of divorce deceee

2) if you know final date of appearance check that day board and you would know the petition number

3) you should get certified copy in 3months or so

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87975 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Please visit the court and meet the court clerk. As you know the date when case was listed for final orders, he will provide you the case number and there after you can apply for certified copies. Please ask the court clerk how to fill the forms and where to submit the same. The charges are very nominal.

Jai Bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
198 Answers

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Madam,

The Court is public office and registers are open to public and you can search for the number and file copy application.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Advocate, Bangalore
6050 Answers
381 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

No problem, give your name and last hearing date, i will let u know.

Selva Perumal
Advocate, Chennai
329 Answers
36 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

you can go to the court department and tell them the parties names. On basis of the name of parties you can obtain certified copy of the final decree

Yusuf Rampurawala
Advocate, Mumbai
6882 Answers
79 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

You can check the case no. when case listed or by name,. no big deal, find some local lawyer, he will arrange the certify copy of order too.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0


Yes, it will help you. Go to court and in cause list of such that you got your case

details and after that apply a certified copy of that decree. Court will give you copy.

Don't worry.

Tarun Agarwal
Advocate, Jaipur
769 Answers
3 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

If your husband or his lawyer is not responding to the calls for getting a copy of the mutual consent divorce papers, you can get a copy form the court itself by applying for a certified copy of the same. You are entitled to get a copy as a party in person without the help of the lawyer.

You can appear before the court in the date of next appearance and express your desire to get a copy, the court will direct the lawyer to furnish you the desired copy.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78133 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Tell me which court passed the decree. I will get you the copies.

Advocate, Bangalore
844 Answers
9 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer