• Chances of a SLP

Hi - We have won our property dispute (suit for partition) in trial court (tis Hazari) as well as appeal in Delhi high court. We are defendants in the case, hence plaintiff has lost the appeal in Delhi high court.

I just wanted to know if there is any chance that SLP may get admitted in supreme court, if yes should we file a caveat or not?
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

3 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

13 Answers

Chances of SLPbeing admitted are bleak

You should file caveat in SC

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87899 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

It's advisable to file caveat and to be on safer side. Chances of case getting admitted in supreme court are less unless they satisfy the court that it involves question of law which is to be decided by apex court.

Swarnarka Chowdhury
Advocate, Mysore
1878 Answers
5 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Of course, you should file caveat though chances of admitting an SLP is near to zero.

Junaid Ali Khan
Advocate, New Delhi
173 Answers
1 Consultation

4.7 on 5.0

1) Any how in SLP you will be receiving summons if other party go for SLP.

2) So why to file for caveat than, no need to go for caveat.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12335 Answers
191 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Filing caveat won't do any harm in your case and it would advise you to go ahead and file it.

But, SLPs are admitted in rarest of the rare cases, hence chances are meagre.

Siddharth Jain
Advocate, New Delhi
5925 Answers
101 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You can file caveats for proposed second appeal in high court as well as for proposed SLP to appeal in Supreme Court

2. Admission of appeal is subsequent stage

3. Before that the aggrieved party can obtain ad interim relief against you

4. So better file caveats so that you are notified 48hours in advance about a hearing for grant of urgent reliefs which may be moved by losing party

Yusuf Rampurawala
Advocate, Mumbai
6878 Answers
79 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

HI sir there is no harm in filing caveat in the Supreme court, you should defiantly file a caveat. i can help you in filing one.

Archit Vasudeva
Advocate, New Delhi
260 Answers
2 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Filing a Caveat is advisable, further the admission of SLP depends upon the substantial question of law the case involves.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Without knowing the case history and the orders passed therein it is very difficult to comment on merit of the SLP.

2. However considering that in all the courts below the party did not meet with success at all. there is every likelihood that SLP would not be admitted as well.

3. Moreover getting SLP admitted in most difficult task to do.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22515 Answers
402 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You cannot predict the mood and idea of the opponent, he may or may not prefer a SLP.

However to exercise abundant caution for not allowing the court to pass an exparte interim order against you, it would be better you file a caveat petition before supreme court in this regard.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78057 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

It depends upon the court itself.

Jaswant Singh
Advocate, Gurugram
926 Answers
2 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Dear Client,

Admission of appeal depends on facts and merit of case, and judgement delivered, Mostly SC court is reluctant to reverse/interfere with concurrent finding of trail court and High Court.

Still can file caveat.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

We normally don't know whether the SLP would be admitted or not. It depends the judge and the lawyer they are retaining and what kind of facts pleaded in the case. Certainly you should file Caveat if they wish to file SLP. You will be given hearing in case, court wants to admit the SLP. You can oppose the same.

Jai Bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
198 Answers

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer