• Child mental abuse

Sir, my husband had a mutual divorce 2 yrs back and his ex-wife has their daughter.Recently we learned that the child's school record has no father's name and the name given at birth has been changed.Also his ex-wife is callin up my husband for money.We have also got to know that she is telling the child that her father is dead, My husband is really worried that his daughter might get psychologically damaged.Now she is making the child call up my husband and telling him that she hates him etc.Kindly advice.
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Imphal, Manipur
what is her problem,what exactly does she want, one side you are saying that  she is telling the child that her father is dead on the other side she is making the child call up my husband and telling him that she hates him etc.

if you can tell her problem then i can try to advice you
why do you feel that she is mentally harassing the child
you can try for taking her custody from the court
my pleasure
name of father has to be reflected in school records . the name cannot be arbitrarily changed without father consent . writ e  to school authorities as to how name has been changed in school records . it should  be same name as in her birth certificate . father of child must be having visitation rights . he should  visit the  child periodically
ASK for child custody from court. 2nd school authorities need adoption deed to change the name of father for which consent of biological father is must. for any other query u may call me
1. She could not have changed the name unilaterally. Did your husband not receive a notice for filing his objection to the application for name change? The consent of biological father was indispensable before the application for name change was allowed. 

2. If the child is being mentally harassed then your husband can file for custody of her daughter on the ground that to allow her to remain in the custody of her mother is not conducive to the overall growth of child.
thanks for your appreciation
file a child custody case against her before district court and try to get the custody of child for her welfare.
Thank you for your appreciation.