• Father's name wrongly mentioned in summon

I have received summon on my name  wiht proper address but my father name is wrong, what should be my next step
Asked 3 years ago in Civil Law from Delhi, Delhi
from which court have you received the summon,is your father aware of any legal proceedings against him or you have received it because it mention your address

can you tell me the name of the judge written on the summon  and his designation,what is the date for appearance.
whether a civil judge or metropolitan magistrate.this will help me to know whether it is civil or criminal case
any way if your father is dead you will have to appear in court and give your statement in court along with his death certificate

you will be required to make a appearance along with a advocate and their you can tell the court what ever you have to say.do not miss the date of appearance of court as it will amount to disobey of court order and you may be penalized for that .

if summons have been served better engage a local lawyer in delhi and appear in court on said date .

if you want you can but i would wise you to appear with a advocate atleast he will see what for you received a summon and what other formalities are required to be completed

As of now all I can suggest to you is to engage a lawyer and appear in the court through him. After appearance, request the court to rectify any typographical mistake in the name of your father. 

Don't risk appearing personally. A legal proceeding cannot be handled by any Tom, Dick or Harry. You need a trained legal mind for this.

Already replied by other experts.
Fateh Chand Sharma

Hi, some mistake in the draft the plaint do not bother much and contest the matte in merits.