• Patta on agricultural land in Bhondsi Village, Sohna, Gurgaon

We are thinking about taking a piece of land (1200 square yards) in Bhondsi Village, Sohna, Gurgaon which was acquired by Gold Souq for one of their projects.

A group of brokers (Ekta group) and few brokers/agents are now selling the bigger land (aroudn 2.44 Acres) by plotting them separately.

The land we are interested in is in the form of a farmhouse and is an agricultural piece of land and has a bungalow built on it.

The local patwari's agent has told that there is a patta on the property and would require a NOC (costing rs 75000) and then the property can be registered. But the broker is claiming that there is no Patta and thus no NOC is required. He has got us in touch with a Loan Agent who is claiming that he can get us loan on the same from Punjab National Bank at 8.5%

How to proceed? We want to use it for residential purposes and build a 2-storey house on it apart from the existing bungalow. Can an agriculture land be converted into residential by doing registree. If yes, how complex is the process?

And Most imp question- is the place and the whole deal (as per the details shared) non-suspicious? Should we proceed ahead?

Experts- Pls guide.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

10 Answers

Hello sir, for detailed guidance and assistance over your query ,kindly share the documents of the property..I can verify the details of the property from the local authorities and guide you over the same...I am based in GURGAON ,you can consult me at my office for proceeding further ,,Thank you

Hemant Chaudhary
Advocate, Gurgaon
4619 Answers
67 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

You have to make application for conversion of agricultural land into NA by paying conversion charges

2) take 30 year time search

3) obtain certificate from Lawyer that tile is clear and marketable then only but property

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87892 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

First you need to get the property verification done of the whole property, then only any one can speak the actual position of the property. As far as question about the use of land, agriculture land can be used for residential purpose but only after CLU. You can contact us,. We are the gurgaon based law firm and deals in property matters.

Regards Akash gupta advocate partner at jurists' corpus law firm gurgaon.

Akash Gupta
Advocate, Gurgaon
66 Answers
2 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0


It is not thay easy.

Permission for changing thr use of the land will have to be obtained.

Get in touch with a lawyer who may get the title report of the land for you after perusing all the relevant documents.

Without the title report do not purchase the land.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17940 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

See first of fall it is suspicious as patwari is record keeper if he telling different thing and the broker is denying same.

In my advise get a proper.title search for property appoint an advocate who will check title from goverment records and give a complete report on the title and patta of.property.

Further the property needs to be converted for use of residential purpose as the conversion fee has.to be paid and the property has to be changed to Non agriculture status. Apart from.registry conversion.of the property is required.

The process is not complex a local lawyer will help you with title search , will get.you.certifed copies of.record to further verify and in registration and conversion you have to pay stamp.duty separately as.concersion.fees and stamp.duty for registration in.your name.

Further from my experience directly contact bank loan rather then through.an agent as this.agent can lead.you in trouble.

So get the property.verified then.proceed. further if patta is there it can be transferred to your name after registry.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Firstly, I would like to advice you to go to the concerned authority under whose jurisdiction this land belongs to.

Secondly, then go to the concerned registrar’s office to inquire about its nature of use, and if can be converted or not.

Thirdly, make a recording of the conversations.

Fourthly, then go ahead and buy the same.

Sanjay Baniwal
Advocate, South Delhi
5464 Answers
13 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

How to proceed? We want to use it for residential purposes and build a 2-storey house on it apart from the existing bungalow. Can an agriculture land be converted into residential by doing registry. If yes, how complex is the process?

You have to apply for conversion of agricultural land to convert the same into NA land, then you may have apply for converting the same to plotted land and after that you may apply for approval for constructions.

Take the assistance of an advocate in the local for all such further issues.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78048 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You need to follow the procedure to change the agricultural land into non agricultural land for residence use. You need to apply to the sub registrar office and after due compliance you can do the needful.

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
27224 Answers
88 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

This is my response to you:

1. The process for transferring of Patta is the same as that of registering a Patta Land;

2. The person who has bought the land must make an application to the Tehsildar regarding the transfer of name in the Patta;

3. The Tehsildar may either reject or may accept the application after examination of the property and the documents which have been submitted by the appellant;

4. If the NOC has to be obtained then the cost can be found from the tehsildar's office;

5. If the formalities and the paperwork is complete then you have nothing to worry;

6. Do not listen to the broker;

7. The tehsildar's opinion will be the best advise that you can get;

8. Only when all the clearances have been made, then go ahead and purchase the property.

Gowaal Padavi
Advocate, Mumbai
1920 Answers
5 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Contact to adv.jaswantsinghkatariya at gmail.com for more information.

Jaswant Singh
Advocate, Gurugram
926 Answers
2 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer