• Threats given by daughter-in-law to her father and mother-in-law

there is a lady in our society age around 27years always threaten her father and mother-in-law who age is 84 adn 80 years that if they do not listen to her then she and her parents will file a dowery act against them.These old people are very decent and doesn't know what to do.Every other day she creats some scene and starts threatning them with dowery act .Due to this they are mentally disturb.PLEASE help me regarding this situation.Is there any law which can de impose on her so that she and her family stops doing mental haressment to them.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Asansol, West Bengal
Religion: Muslim
Hi, if she threaten to file case it is better to approach the court for anticipatory bail or file complaint for harassment. But they have to think over the matter twice because if any of the family members support them then only they can file complaint.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4528 Answers
202 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

who is owner of flat ? let the senior citizens move maintenance of senior citizen tribunal against their daughter in law . obtain injunction restraining her from issuing threats . also ask for eviction of daughter in law from flat owned by senior citizens . mother in law can also file DV case against her daughter in law and son if necessary
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44243 Answers
2568 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

ask that lady to file complaint under DV Act againts her daughter in law.
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

3.5 on 5.0

The Mother in law may file a domestic violence case against her and they can file a criminal complaint against her for extortion
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4793 Answers
219 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Where does their son stand amidst all this? Has he abdicated his legal and religious duty to protect his parents and tend to them when they are in the evening of their life? 

If the house in which these two senior citizens are residing belongs exclusively to either of them or jointly to both of them, then their daughter-in-law does not have the right to even live therein except with the consent of owners i. her parents-in-law. Hence, they may move to court for seeking an order to evict their daughter-in-law. Furthermore, they can file a DV case against her to protect themselves from any kind of mental or physical harassment. If their son does not support them financially then they may obligate him to do so by moving court against him.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer