• Property Khata transferred fraudulently

Hi all,

We recently found out that one of parties in our joint property has fraudulently transferred the property to his name.

We have currently raised an objection to the khata transfer via BBMP. Please let me know the legal option we have to stop any inappropriate use from the fraudulent party.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

11 Answers

First of all give a notice in newspaper regarding same. That somebody has fraudulently transferred name in your land records.

Further you can take a stay order from the civil.court agaisnt that person so that he won't be able to transfer sell same land.

Also you have already raised an objection to revenue/ municipal authorities they shall hear objection to the mutuation.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File suit to set aside sale fraudulent transfer of property

2) seek injunction restraining sale of property by the party

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87973 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Hope you have taken acknowledgement from the BBMP for your written objection for having transferred Katha of the joint property in the name of one of the parties.

2. Publish a Public Notice in Kannada language and English language newspapers regarding this act and notify the public not to deal with the person who got the Katha transferred in his individual name for the property.

Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
4173 Answers
258 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

First you may may file a caveat petition agaisnt the fraudster who is reported to have transferred the property to his name and then file a mandatory injunction suit to direct the concerned authorities to remove his name from the khatha and reissue khatha on your name, but you should have given a notice to the BBMP authorities under section 80 CPC earlier.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78131 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir,

File a suit and get necessary relief.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Advocate, Bangalore
6050 Answers
381 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Go and file a suit for declaration in the civil court plus temporary injunction from letting any other further major documentation by them.

Sanjay Baniwal
Advocate, South Delhi
5464 Answers
13 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hello ,

Immediately file an injunction application to prevent the said person to sell off the property .

You shoukd file a criminal case u/s 420 for any kind of fraud donr by the person .

Hope this helps.

Swarupananda Neogi
Advocate, Kolkata
2941 Answers
6 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

File a suit for declaration that the property is owned jointly by all of you and that.the transfer is illegal and void and make the party who.got property transferred as defendant in the case and also for injunction restraining the BBMP from transferring the khata in name of.the other party.

Also you need to pray to restrain him from selling the property In your prayer of petition.

Swarnarka Chowdhury
Advocate, Mysore
1878 Answers
5 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


You must immediately challenge such transfer before the civil court and request the court to pass an order that further third party rights are not created.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17940 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

Simplest way out is to file FIR - Criminal Complaint.

Next, u can file suit for injunction that land should not be alienate in any manner.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

File a civil suit and take injunction from the court to create third party rights in the property. Also take stay and cancellation of the said transfer done.

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
27289 Answers
88 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer