• Marrying a girl of 19 yrs, whereas I am 29 and employed in a well paid MNC

Hi Sir,
We met in marriage via some common relative, Initially we did not know about each others age.
I proposed her after a few meet. And then I got to know about her age. As she is very mature I did'nt get the idea about the age diff. Now we are very much sure that we can be best match for better half toeach other. As I am planning to study further with my job and have no issue with her styding too for some design course( her parents dont allow girls for higher studies) which I can afford too. Now if we go for arya samaj marriage. How many times we need to go to the police station of their area. Is there any way that we can give our statement in some other police station than her local police station.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Other

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

15 Answers

There is no issued in marrying the said girl.

Go ahead and get married in the arya samaj mandir and thereafter get your marriage registered.

There is no need for you to visit any police station


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17943 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Police will call you if her parents files a complain on you.

The girl can give a written statement stating, she married with you with her own will and the matter will be closed . Make sure you get the marriage registered. The marriage age should 18 years for the girl.

Habeeb Imran Al Hashmi
Advocate, Hyderabad
18 Answers
3 Consultations

4.0 on 5.0

1) You don't give any statements. If girl gives that is sufficient in her area local police station as she is above 18 + years. And you both have to marry.

2) Better simple way get your marriage registered in the court under Special Marriage Act. Nobody can stop you doing this plus girl wish to do marriage with you, if statements recorded in police station like this.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12420 Answers
193 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

No need to visit the Police Station even if you are going for Arya Samaj Marriage.

There will be no legal defect in this marriage despite the age difference.

You are free to go ahead with this.

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
9441 Answers
251 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You are at liberty to marry each other at arya samaj as both are adults

You don’t need to go to Police station if you want to marry each other

If you apprehend that girl parents will lodge Police complaint of kidnapping against you then lodge tNC at local police against her parents

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
89083 Answers
6362 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The girl can before marrying give a written information cum complaint to her local police station that she is above 18 and marrying as per her will and seek police help in case her parents tries to stop the marriage or file a complaint against you.

Than you donot have to go to police station many times just once if her parents file false case on you.

She can send a letter to SP also for better appreciation.

You can give your written statements directly to SP office and mark to local police station.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If there is no objection from the both the parties you can get marry the way you want. Other wise for arya samaj marriage you call them for registration and provide the detail and fix a date to marry. You may need to visit for registration with documents and for marriage.

There is no problem in two adults getting married and you need not to visit any police station.

You may get your marriage registered later under hindu marriage act. Please note that the Arya Samaj performs the marriage of Hindu only.

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
6849 Answers
23 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

You don't need to visit police station for getting married. You have received incorrect information.

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
28103 Answers
93 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

1/ it is not clear whether you have married her or not.

2. if yes in a Arya Samaj then this is very much a valid marriage and there is no need to visit a police station.

3. Since Arya Samaj marriage is nothing but a Hindu Marriage then you can register the marriage under Hindu Marriage Act also.

4. There is no need to record your statement in a police station whether you marry her or not.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22515 Answers
409 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Since in India legal age for marriage of girl Is 18 years you can go ahead with marriage. No need to visit police station unless. Her parents file complaint or opposition.

After marriage get it registered in local sub registrar office. If you feel her parents may file false case against you better to approach the SP for protection and help.

Swarnarka Chowdhury
Advocate, Mysore
1878 Answers
5 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir

First tell me : Why do you want to go to police station

You get your marriage registered.

You need to engage a lawyer in case you feel that you may need to attend some inquiry.

You can give statement in other police station. We need to handle this separately with them.

Feel free to reach us for the assistance.

Shettar SS
Advocate, Bangalore
182 Answers
1 Consultation

4.4 on 5.0

Dear Concern,

You both are Mature as per Majority Act, so their is no issue legally marrying the girl age of 19 .

Ravi Kumar Singh
Advocate, Patna
52 Answers
2 Consultations

4.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

There`s no need and involvement of police in arya samajh marriage.

Best of Luck

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Dear Sir,

My answers are as follows:

Now if we go for arya samaj marriage.

Ans: Yes, you can opt for. The procedure is given at the end.

How many times we need to go to the police station of their area.

Ans: No, need to go to any police station. Just go to Arya Samaj Mandir with your ID proofs and few friends and get married then get it registered in any Sub-Registrar Office.

Is there any way that we can give our statement in some other police station than her local police station.

Ans: No, need to approach the Police station. The Supreme Court is with you.


Arya Marriage Center

Office Address

Bhoja Market, Sec-27,



Branch Office

Tilpata, Greater Noida,

Opp- Denso India ltd.

Greater Noida

Contact Person: Arvind Shastri

Mobile Number: +[deleted]

E-mail: [deleted]

Eligibility & Document Requirement

Eligibility (Boys should be above 21 years and girls above 18 year)

Affidavit (Voter I.card, Driving Licence, Matriculation Certificate,) one of these

Age Proof (Voter I.card, Driving Licence, Matriculation Certificate,) one of these

Residence Proof ((Voter I.card, Driving Licence, Matriculation Certificate, Passport) (one of these)

Witness Two Witness With Voter I.card, Driving Licence, Passport,2 Passport size photo (one of these)

Photograph (7-7 Passport size photo ) Boys & Girl both

Divorced If any party is divorcee – Certified copy of Decree of Divorce granted by the Court

Death Certificate If any party is widow / widower – Death Certificate of the dead spouse

Other Country No Impediment Certificate / NOC from concerned Embassy and Valid VISA. Required for Only Other Country Marriage

Things Mangalshutra, 2-Jaimala, 2kg Sweets





I am writing this post from my personal experience on the complete procedure of gettingregistered marriage done at Bangalore. I don't take responsibility of any change that happens to this, or if you have to pay more at any of the steps. The post is entirely based on my experience with the process and here it goes, which I believe may be helpful for many people who want to get registered marriage done while staying in India.

Below are certain conditions that are entertained while registering your marriage in India:

1) Not Already Married

- Both the partners of same religion.

- Both the partners of different religion.

2) Already married

- Both the partners of same religion.

- Both the partners of different religion.

I am going to explain the most complicated process below that is the one in which both partners belong to separate religion and have not yet got married. Rest all others are much simpler than this one and you can suffice by wedding card, wedding pics, address proofs and photo identification cards. I couldn't find any proper online documentation of this process in which both bride and groom belong to different religion and want to get married, so writing it here:

Documents needed:

1) Address proof: It is important that for any kind of registeration of your marriage (irrespective of you are already married or not), you go to the registrar office that lies in your area of residence, or the area for which you have valid address proof. The valid address proof for the registration requires only ONE of the partners to have any of the following documents with them that are identified by Indian Govt and that claims their current residence in the city as well as in the area, :

- Voter's ID

- Ration Card

- Driving License.

- Passport


Solemnization of Marriage under Special Marriage Act

The purpose of this Government Order is to ensure that the defined process of service delivery for the Solemnization of Marriage under Special Marriage

Act is followed. This would facilitate the electronic delivery of services through the instructions and guidelines as described in the following sections of the

Government order. The important components of service delivery process is being listed below –

1. Process for Registering service request for Solemnization of Marriage under Special Marriage Act

The request related to Solemnization of Marriage under Special Marriage Act can be accepted at the Common Services Centre established under

Government of India 100000 Common Service Centre (CSC) scheme under NeGP and Suwidha centers operational in the state or any other

arrangement made by Government for accepting the request, without discretion of any kind. The Government Official should now onwards accept the

service requests through electronic channel only. The applicant has option to submit a service request through any of the below mentioned procedures:


Nobody has right to interfere if two adults get married, says Supreme Court

NEW DELHI: No one, either individually or collectively, has the right to interfere in a marriage between two consenting adults, a Supreme Court bench led by Chief Justice of India (CJI) Dipak Misra said on Monday.

The bench sternly told khap panchayats not to assume the role of conscience keepers of society and said courts would go by the law and not tradition and 'gotra' considerations to determine the legality of a marriage.

Senior advocate Narender Hooda, appearing for some khap panchayats, said khaps encouraged inter-caste and inter-faith marriages as they had permitted Haryanvi men to marry women from other states given the skewed sex ratio in the state.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Advocate, Bangalore
6069 Answers
392 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Since she is 19 years of age, she is not a minor, she is of the government fixed marriageable age

Why do you have to go to Arya samaj or police station.

She is not a minor by age hence she can very well give her consent for marrying you and nobody can stop her from marrying you.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
79241 Answers
1618 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer