• Can joint property be gifted?

myself and two of my sister is the joint owner of a property which we all want to gift to my son , my question --Is it possible to gift by co owners  to my son .?If yes -- can we gift by single gift deed or three separate gift deed required?
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Kolkata, West Bengal
Hi, joint owner can execute gift deed to your son by executing single gift deed.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4528 Answers
202 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

1) joint owners can execute gift deed in favour of son by a single gift deed 

2) gift deed has to be duly stamped and registered
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44209 Answers
2562 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Yes, owner or joint owners can always gift their self acquired property to any one she/he chooses.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12502 Answers
160 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. If you all are holding the property jointly without being divided or partioned then you can jointly sign a single gift deed in favour of the donee,

2. The Gift Deed is required to be witnessed by two witnesses and registered.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18112 Answers
438 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. If all the co-owners are into a positive agreement to gift their property to your son then a single gift deed will suffice. 

2. All co-owners must sign the gift deed before presenting it for registration.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22958 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1.  All you three can jointly make a gift deed and get it registered after paying stamp duty .

2. No need of separate gift deed if all of you are willing to gift your each respective shares.
3. once all three joint owners gift the property by a regidtered gift deed  the property will be absolutely his
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1510 Answers
134 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) All you need I'd a joint gift deed signed by all co owners .

2) It needs to be duly stamped and registered.
S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
2229 Answers
110 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer