• DOB change in passport

Sir my name is syed talha masood I live in hyderabad city 
My problem is when I was six year old went to Saudi at that time I have a dob of 5/5/1994 at my passport at that time i was minor but due to some edutional purpose my grandmom 
Took another birth certificate with new dob 06/04/1995
All the educational documents have this dob 06/04/1995
So sir for first time when I got major I applied for reissue of my passport so two and half year my application was on hold
They send me two or three notice regarding this issue after wards they have given me force closer letter passport application for not responding to the letter so sir I want reapply for passport and I want the ssc dob in my new passport and the main point is I am applying for passport for first time when I got major so sir please give me advices what to do I can't help my self I am very much confused about the situation sir give the advice the fastest way out for the problem of the solution regard talha
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law

7 answers received in 1 day.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

10 Answers

Please below NEW rule for DOB certificate and take any one along with and apply for Passport

Announcement of new Passport Rules

1. In order to streamline, liberalize and ease the process of issue of passport, the Ministry of External Affairs has taken a number of steps in the realm of passport policy which is expected to benefit the citizens of India applying for a passport. The details of these steps are given below:-


2. As per the extant statutory provisions of the Passport Rules, 1980, all the applicants born on or after 26/01/1989, in order to get a passport, had to, hitherto, mandatorily submit the Birth Certificate as the proof of Date of Birth

(DOB). It has now been decided that all applicants of passports can submit any one of the following documents as the proof of DOB while submitting the passport application:

(i) Birth Certificate (BC) issued by the Registrar of Births & Deaths or the Municipal Corporation or any other prescribed authority whosoever has been empowered under the Registration of Birth & Deaths Act, 1969 to register the birth of a child born in India;

(ii) Transfer/School leaving/Matriculation Certificate issued by the school last attended/recognized educational board containing the DOB of the applicant;

(iii) PAN Card issued by the Income Tax Department with the DOB of applicant;

(iv) Aadhaar Card/E-Aadhaar having the DOB of applicant;

(v) Copy of the extract of the service record of the applicant (only in respect of Government servants) or the Pay Pension Order (in respect of retired Government Servants), duly attested/certified by the officer/in-charge of the

Administration of the concerned Ministry/Department of the applicant, having his DOB;

(vi) Driving license issued by the Transport Department of concerned State Government, having the DOB of applicant;

(vii) Election Photo Identity Card (EPIC) issued by the Election Commission of India having the DOB of applicant;

(viii) Policy Bond issued by the Public Life Insurance Corporations/Companies having the DOB of the holder of the insurance policy.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12335 Answers
191 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1)you cannot have 2 date of birth certificates

2) passport offices have records of earlier passport issued

3)you would get passport with DOB as 5/5/1994

4) on account of discrepancy in your date of birth in educational certificates and birth certificates your passport application was rejected

5) do you have hospital discharge reports reflecting actual date of birth

6) you would need court orders to change your date of birth in your birth certificate then apply for issue of new passport

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87938 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. If there is not 2 DOB appering in your public records then you will have to choose either of the two.

2.if you had a previous passport then preferably mention the same DB and do not change the new one.

3. If you change with new one then you will have to make an affidavit from the first class Magistrate and then make newspaper publication.

4. The passport authority accepts such affidavit whenever there is anomaly on DOB.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22515 Answers
402 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


If you have the DOB certificate and the educational certificate with the same DOB then there will be no issue in obtaining the passport when you apply as a major.

Go ahead and move your application.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17940 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. A person cannot have two birth certificates. It is illegal.

2. The fact is that in your first passport the DOB is 5.5.94 whereas you want 6.4.95 as your DOB on the basis of the second birth certificate.

3. The DOB in your first passport is at variance from the DOB on your second certificate.

4. The remedy for you now is to surrender the first birth certificate to the Registrar of Births and Deaths and seek its cancellation if you want the SSC DOB to appear on your passport. Thereafter, you can apply for reissue of passport on the basis of the second birth certificate

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30761 Answers
971 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You should file rectification cum cancellation application of  your old passport. You should show before the concerned authority that the old passport was applied by your father and after attending age of majority you are now applying for issuance of a new passport with correct date of birth as per the secondary education certificate. The passport authority will cancel the old passport and issue new passport after examining the educational document ascertainment of correct date of birth. 

Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
5127 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. You can not apply or reapply for the passport during all the phases of your life i.e. during childhood, youth or old age.

2. If your grandfather or father is alive then he shall have to execute an affidavit before the 1st Class Judicial Magistrate affirming that inadvertently a wrong date of birth was mentioned while applying for your passport when you were a child but the correct DOB has been mentioned in all your educational and other certificates for which the DOB mentioned in your passport is required to be corrected with 5.5.1994 as your DOB by the passport authorities.

3. You can apply before the passport authorities for renewal of your passport with an application for correcting your DOB based on the said affidavit annexed therewith and on receipt of the same the passport authority will act accordingly.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
26602 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Apply with the new dob and submit documents for your new date of birth.

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
27267 Answers
88 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

You can apply for re-issue of passport with the new DOB with supporting documents for your new date of birth if you are applying first time after becoming major.

The DOB can be changed if convincing documentary evidences submitted

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78097 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir,

You have to follow the following Act read with your State Rules, which are binding:

Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969


13. Delayed registration of births and deaths (1) Any birth or death of which information is given to the Registrar after the expiry of the period specified there for, but within thirty days of its occurrence, shall be registered on payment of such late fee as may be prescribed. (2) Any birth or death of which delayed information is given to the Registrar after thirty days but within one year of its occurrence shall be registered only with the written permission of the prescribed authority and on payment of the prescribed fee and the production of an affidavit made before a notary public or any other officer authorised in this behalf by the State Government. (3) Any birth or death which has not been registered within one year of its occurrence, shall be registered only on an order made by a Magistrate of the first class or a Presidency Magistrate after verifying the correctness of the birth or death and on payment of the prescribed fee. (4) The provisions of this section shall be without prejudice to any action that may be taken against a person for failure on his part to register any birth or death within the time specified therefor and any such birth or death may be registered during the pendency of any such action.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Advocate, Bangalore
6050 Answers
381 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer