• Discrepancy in SC website


Does SC website show different case status under different heads. For instance, under "Case Status " it shows as Disposed whereas under "Party Name and AOR" section it shows as Pending. Is this just a temporary glitch in the website or am I missing something. 

This has been there for almost a week now.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

12 Answers

1) latest information on case status must not have been uploaded on website

2)it is a temporary glitch in the website

3) your lawyer can guide you as to whether case is pending or disposed of

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87212 Answers
6048 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


Case status tab gets updated on day to day basis. The other part will be updated accordingly. Rely on the status as shown under case status tab.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17923 Answers
367 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Well, all the results depending of electronic work may face with technical glitch.

The best person to highlight on this is your advocate who must be present in court on the scheduled date.

Otherwise send RTI to the Registrar, Supreme Court seeking information on the happenings of the said date.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22515 Answers
390 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

hi,if the case status is pending , then it means that it is still sub judice before court..you can confirm from your lawyer for better clarification

Hemant Chaudhary
Advocate, Gurgaon
4617 Answers
65 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. It is possibly a human error committed while posting the status.

2. The error is being continued since it has not yet been detected.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
26470 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Please take note sometimes due to technical fault in the website, some discrepancies been reflected in any Hon'ble SC or Hon'ble HC website. According to me, once is case status is shown as disposed of, the portion which is being shown as pending cannot overruled the case status of the particular Hon'ble Court site. Its will be fruitful to obtain a certified copy of the particular case from Hon'ble Supreme Court.

Ayan Mitra
Advocate, Kolkata
7 Answers

5.0 on 5.0

You need to contact your AOR, he would get the issue clarified.

Sanjay Baniwal
Advocate, South Delhi
5464 Answers
13 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The site is have lags since few months

Subhendu Ghosh
Advocate, Barrackpore
234 Answers

4.0 on 5.0

At times there are technical issues on the website. The use of IT in Indian judiciary is not flawless. Many times the matter is initially shown as disposed and then the status is changed to pending. Do not rely on the website. Check the status after file inspection.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30759 Answers
958 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Sometimes there is a technical glitch in all website including SC. There is always baby disclaimer for the same. Always verify as per the court causelist for final confirmation

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
26719 Answers
79 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Sometimes, as you rightly said it is a temporary glitch or may be the date might not have been updated by the concerned department.

There is nothing to be worried in this regard, you can contact your own advocate who will be having an updated information on this.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
77366 Answers
1458 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


This problem may be due to non-updation of links

Ganesh Singh
Advocate, New Delhi
6646 Answers
16 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer