• Regarding validation of degree

My wife  did mcom frm eiilm university  in 2011.and cleared net exam in 2014.wife in job since 2012 .in rti filed by me UGC said degree is genuine and now in 2016-17.ugc come up with report that university  nt conducting that  course in regular  mode so that degree nt valid my wife career at stake due to UGC fault  wt  I do
Asked 11 months ago in Civil Law from Rewari, Haryana
Hello, If UGC passes any order thereupon invalidating your wifes degree then file a Writ Petition in the High Court and seek appropriate order. Regards

file writ petition in HC to challenge decision of UGC that degree is not valid 2) contact a local lawyer

Hi, Please check that university was conducting that course during the said period and later in 2016-17this course may have been discontinued on regular course basis. If the FYI answer is confirming the genuinety of the degree provided by the university.
Vimlesh Prasad Mishra

Just because it is regular now, the previous degree cannot be declared invalid! You need to get a detailed response before approaching the court of law for remedy.
Rajaganapathy Ganesan

Hi Please check that the university was carrying out regular course at the when your wife completed the degree. If you face any problem in job then go ahead for filing a writ in High Court for saving the job. You will get justice. Thank You
Rahul Jatain
Advocate, Rohtak

If this report is affecting your wife, she may choose to challenge the same before the High Court and seek it's quashment. Once having already validated the degree of your wife, it is strange how UGC resided from its stand. Take your chance by approaching the High Court.

hi, it is advisable to file a writ in high court against the notification of the university
Hemant Chaudhary

it is not your own problem. just file writ petition under article 21 against UGC. ask for a mandamus order to restore the degree. this is the only way out.
Arnab Kumar Banerjee

1. Your wife can file a writ petition in the High Court to not to recognize the decree. 2. Merely because the university is not conducting the regular course now it does not invalidate the degree.

Dear Client, Provide me more details. Has she done her course through study center, distance learning or regular mode from university campus, Sikkim.

Dear Sir, Such situations arise in many cases in respect of many courses conducted by Open Universities and other institutions. In such cases the aggrieved candidates have to approach Hon'ble High Court for appropriate direction.
Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Advocate, Bengaluru

When you have the RTI you don't have to worry. The weightage of your wife's degree will not affect. The RTI will prevail.
Advocate, MUMBAI

If you have the reply given by UGC obtained through RTI secured, you can file a writ before high court seeking the releif of validity of the degree obtained from the said college etc. Filing a writ petition before high court may fetch you the desired relief.

You need not worry as the degree is genuine and at the time of declaration of result there was validity of degree.
Ganesh Singh

you cna file writ from haryana as you are residing in haryana and you cleared exams from Haryana

If the cause of action is at sikkim then you may have to file a writ petition at Sikkim only.

At the place where the university was situated Regards

File the writ petition at the place where your wife is currently based.