• Regarding validation of degree

My wife  did mcom frm eiilm university  in 2011.and cleared net exam in 2014.wife in job since 2012 .in rti filed by me UGC said degree is genuine and now in 2016-17.ugc come up with report that university  nt conducting that  course in regular  mode so that degree nt valid my wife career at stake due to UGC fault  wt  I do
Asked 7 days ago in Civil Law from Rewari, Haryana

If UGC passes any order thereupon invalidating your wifes degree then file a Writ Petition in the High Court and seek appropriate order. 

Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
5714 Answers
70 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

file writ petition in HC to challenge decision of UGC that degree is not valid

2) contact a local lawyer 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
40114 Answers
2276 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Please check that university was conducting that course during the said period and later in 2016-17this course may have been discontinued on regular course basis.
If the FYI answer is confirming the genuinety of the degree provided by the university.
Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
625 Answers
1 Consultation

5.0 on 5.0

Just because it is regular now, the previous degree cannot be declared invalid!
You need to get a detailed response before approaching the court of law for remedy.
Rajaganapathy Ganesan
Advocate, Chennai
327 Answers
1 Consultation

4.9 on 5.0

Please check that the university was carrying out regular course at the when your wife completed the degree.
If you face any problem in job then go ahead for filing a writ in High Court for saving the job.
You will get justice.
Thank You
Rahul Jatain
Advocate, New Delhi
611 Answers

4.9 on 5.0

If this report is affecting your wife, she may choose to challenge the same before the High Court and seek it's quashment.

Once having already validated the degree of your wife, it is strange how UGC resided from its stand. 

Take your chance by approaching the High Court. 
Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, Bangalore
3528 Answers
29 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

hi, it is advisable to file a writ in high court against the notification of the university
Hemant Chaudhary
Advocate, New Delhi
2205 Answers
8 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

it is not your own problem. just file writ petition under article 21 against UGC. ask for a mandamus order to restore the degree. this is the only way out. 
Arnab Kumar Banerjee
Advocate, Kolkata
56 Answers

Not rated

1. Your wife can file a writ petition in the High Court to not to recognize the decree.

2. Merely because the university is not conducting the regular course now it does not invalidate the degree.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22534 Answers
608 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

Provide me more details. 
Has she done her course through study center, distance learning or regular mode from university campus, Sikkim. 
Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
1015 Answers

4.8 on 5.0

Dear Sir,

Such situations arise in many cases in respect of many courses conducted by Open Universities and other institutions. In such cases the aggrieved candidates have to approach Hon'ble High Court for appropriate direction. 
Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Advocate, Bengaluru
477 Answers
1 Consultation

4.9 on 5.0

When you have the RTI you don't have to worry. The weightage of your wife's degree will not affect. The RTI will prevail. 
Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Greater Mumbai
243 Answers

4.9 on 5.0

If you have the reply given by UGC obtained through RTI secured, you can file a writ before high court seeking the releif of validity of the degree obtained from the said college etc.

Filing a writ petition before high court may fetch you the desired relief.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
30170 Answers
314 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer