• Mutation of land

I have purchased an Agri. land (part) by registered sale deed in 2006.  All the documents were submitted to Talathi for mutation in 2006. Thalathi has given a copy of 7/12  muted in my name after one month. 

Now i have requested a fresh copy 7/12 extract, surprised that still the name of old owner appears in 7/12 extract. On inquiry, new talathi told that there is no mutation entry in Mutation Register, which was mention on the copy of 7/12 extract possessed by me from 2006.

Talathi asked to apply with all the documents with signature of previous owner. This could not be possible to take the signatures of old owners.

What will be process for mutation.

Asked 8 months ago in Property Law from Aurangabad, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
Give a detailed representation to the talathi informing him that in 2006, you were handed a 7/12 extract in which you name was duly exhibited and now, after a lapse of more than 10 years, when you applied for a fresh extract you were apprised to know that your name was still not mutated.  Request him to go ahead and do the needful without insisting the participation of the seller, for you not aware of the whereabouts of the seller.

In case no decision is taken on your representation or if the needful is not done, approach the High Court and file a writ of mandamus. 
Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
6232 Answers
82 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1)file RTI application with talthi as to how name of old owner reflected in 7/12 extract when your name was mutated in 2006 

2) enclose copy of mutation entry made in your name by Talthi in 2006 

3) based on reply received further course of action can be advised 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
49183 Answers
2931 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you can file an application at the tehsildar , with the relevant documents of ownership .. You can also file a suit  for declaration in court ..after the court pass a decree in your favour , you can get the mutation done on the bases of court decree 
Hemant Chaudhary
Advocate, Gurgaon
3464 Answers
15 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

file an application along with copy of the sale deed to mutated the khata in your name to the Tahsildar stating all the facts mentioned by you herein, let the Tahsildar pass an order on the application if the application allowed its okay or you can take up the matter to the SDO.
Advocate, Bengaluru
552 Answers

4.8 on 5.0

Dear Client,

File complain against the Talathi to Tahasildar/ SDO / Collector. 

And check the status of of previous application of mutation,  what order passed on it. 
Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
4615 Answers
2 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0


File an application before the  talthi for the correction in the 7/12 extract. Explain everything in detail and ask him to make the relevant changes. Enclose a copy of the mutation entry made in the year 2006. 
If this application is not allowed or no action is taken then moce an application before the SDo

Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
9950 Answers
133 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Subsequently if no action is taken by any of the authorities file a writ before the High Court for a direction for these authorities to do the needful.

Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
9950 Answers
133 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Yash,

You can file an RTI under Right to Information Act, 2005 before the Tahasildar of your land jurisdiction capturing the clause that the concerned Thalathi has already issued you a copy of 7/12 muted in your name. You can attach the said mutated copy with the RTI application. 
You will be able to know the correct information and under RTI the concerned PIO is bound to reply you within 30 days from the date of submission of your application.
For further query please feel free to write/ contact me.

Bipasha Mukherjee Roy,
Bipasha Mukherjee Roy
Advocate, Bangalore
4 Answers

4.0 on 5.0

You send a letter to the Talathi along with the copy of the previous mutation certificate done in your favor and to correct the records accordingly.
If he is not cooperative you may take up this matter to the Tahsildar or even the District collector seeking the needful done.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
39396 Answers
422 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

is there any provision to take up this matter to Tahasildar/ SDO / Collector, etc.

You can make a representation in writing by submitting an application along with the documentary proofs to claim relief and remedy to this.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
39396 Answers
422 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer