• Sexual harassment at workplace

i am central government employe and suffer from sexual harassment at work place by my sinior staff since last 4 year and now i have to complaint (due to read on news paper about tejpal and justice ganguly) first where should i complain ..department ...? , court ...? , police..?
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from surat, Gujarat
complain at the nearest police station, F.I.R can be lodged anywhere and later be transferred to the jurisdictional police. act immediately, don't hesitate. teach the agressor a lesson
Kiran N. Murthy
Advocate, Bangalore
1026 Answers
93 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

which central govt., office do you work for, based on that then approach your senior and lodge a formal complaint, also simultaneously file the criminal case against the superior before the police station
Kiran N. Murthy
Advocate, Bangalore
1026 Answers
93 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Sexual harassment at work place is one of serious offence to be dealt with strongly.In Vishaka case SC had framed guidelines how to tackle such crimes, how ever you have endured enough since u are facing such situation, report ur higher authority at the earliest, and  FIR  in local police station will  give you Natural  Justice.
Soumya   Kundu
Advocate, Kolkata
50 Answers

4.7 on 5.0

Go to the police station nearest to your residence and file a FIR against the accused. He may be arrested and put behind bars. The courts are very strict now in dealing with cases relating to sexual harassment at work places. However, any delay on your part in registering the FIR would afford to the accused an escape route. So act swiftly.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Querist
as per SC. direction every department can take cognizence on these type of complaint. 
you have right to file complaint before dept. Before police or court.
if you want fast action then police complaint will be better 
feel free to call
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4910 Answers
228 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

dear querist, first u file complain in department & same lodge FIR IN NEAREST POLICE STATION
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

filing of complaint in department will take time,file a complaint in the police station and if they do not act on that then get the FIR registered through the court under 156(3) and once you start these proceeding i hope your problem will be solved as the accused will have the fear of loosing job
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

First file F.I.R. with the nearest police station, where the harassment is taking/taken place.  Then intimate about the harassment and F.I.R. to the department to take cognizance of the same.
Sandeep Hegde
Advocate, Bangalore
403 Answers
117 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer