• Advance precautions

sir.i have seprated from my family before 1 year. we were in joint family 2 brothers their wives ,children and my mother.

i got my prperty share and set a new home with my wif and child

brother is drunkard...many times admitted in rehabilitation centers
and his wife is very dangerous very shouting and clever nature

now prob is
before some time my mother had come to me and stay here.. she said i cnt live with them ther are alwys shouting
my brother and his wife both says many times they will commit sucide
myself or my wife or mother can be blamed for their suicide.. im living seprate for last 1 year
our offices are  combined in 1plot .
plz advise can police take any action against us
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from ganganagar, Rajasthan
Religion: Hindu
record the telephonic threats received from your brother and his wife . only if in suicide note your brother  his wife complains about harassment from you would police take any action against you . in case they commit suicide any family member also complains that your actions drove them to suicide would police call you to record your statement
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47925 Answers
2846 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

kindly inform about this in your local police station in writing and sent  a copy of that to SP and DGP  keep a copy of that .Make a request in that  for taking early action in this regards.
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

u can collect all records of threats & also file poilce complain & send to ssp ,dgp . keep record of all things
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Agree with experts
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4916 Answers
228 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

File a police complaint at the nearest police station against your brother and his wife for threatening you to commit suicide. Such an advance complaint by you will build a veil of protection for you in the event of them carrying out their threats and the police proceeding to hold you accountable for the same. Do not take such threats lightly as you could be prosecuted for the suicide of your brother and his wife.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer