• Custody and maintenance of children

If wife is earning more than husband taking all responsibility of children and house, then is it possible to get permanent custody of children by her?
Asked 3 years ago in Civil Law from Pune, Maharashtra
The income of the parent is not the sole criterion to get the custody of the child. Having said this, if she is earning more than her husband then she will, subject to other grounds, be better placed than her husband to get the custody.

chances of wife getting custody of children are more because she is mother of the child . father will get visitation rights . income is not the criteria of awarding custody . welfare of child is paramount consideration

As said already welfare of children is the most important criteria. Your chances of getting custody are poor.

I agree with Mr Ajay Sethi
Fateh Chand Sharma

I agree with Mr. Ajay Sethi and Rajni Sinha.

custody is granted only on the basis of welfare of child.If she is earning more than you but she has no time  for them and there is no body who can take care of children or she leaves the children with maid or leaves them in creach and you can show the court that you are in better position to take care of children,you can be given custody