• Middle name not included in 10th marksheet

My name printed on class 10th marksheet is 'Yogendra Mandavi' while in class 12th marksheet and on all other identity/documents it is 'Yogendra Kumar Mandavi'. I have passed class 10th in 2001 (CBSE). What should I do before facing interviews/verification  of matksheets  in different govt jobs.
Asked 3 years ago in Constitutional Law

2 answers received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

9 Answers

First try to approach the 10th Board for correcting your name. If they correct it , it is well and good. But if they deny to correct it then you can make an affidavit that your name was inserted wrongly in your 10th marksheet as Yogendra Mandavi' instead of Yogendra Kumar Mandavi and in all your other documents your name is inserted as Yogendra Kumar Mandavi . Making an affidavit will be the easiest way.

Hope my reply helps you.

Johnu Kanta Bhuyan
Advocate, Guwahati
194 Answers
3 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


It is impossible to get your name changed in class 10th marksheet.

You may get an affidavit done to this effect which says that Yogendra Mandavi and Yogendra kumar Mandavi are the names of same person.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17860 Answers
318 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You would not face any problems merely because your middle name is not mentioned in X std marksheet

2) you can if you so desire request CBSE to add your middle name

3) however if more than 2 years have psssed CBSE would not make any changes and you would need court orders to direct CBSE to make requisite changes in your marksheet

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
80564 Answers
4945 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

One and same certificate getting from village officer can solve your worries. CBSE is not change the name with out a court order . So if you wish to change the name ,approach the court first and then file application with the strength of court order.

Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
3713 Answers
77 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

name on class 10th mark sheet- Yogendra Mandavi- 2001

name on class 12th mark sheet- Yogendra Kumar Mandavi

Proposition: Facing of interview / verification of marksheet in different govt job.

Answer: The Rule of CBSE regarding making changes in name or typographical errors is as follow:

Rule of cbse:

Changes in Board's Certificate

69.1 Changes and Corrections in Name

(i) Correction in name means correction in spelling errors, factual errors, typographical errors in candidate's Name/Surname, Father's Name/Mother's Name to make it consistent with what is given in the school record.

Change in name also includes alteration, addition, deletion to make it different from the school records.

(ii) Application for correction in name may be considered any time provided that the application of the candidate is forwarded with the following documents:

(a) Admission form(s) filled in by the parents at the time of admission.

(b) The School Leaving Certificate of the previous school submitted by the parents of the candidate at the time of admission.

(c) Portion of the page of admission and withdrawal register of the school where the entry has been made in respect of the candidate.

(iii) The Board may effect necessary corrections after verification of the Original records of the school and on payment of the prescribed fee.

(iv) Applications regarding change in name/surname will be considered where such changes have been permitted by a Court of Law and notified in a Government Gazette. In the event of Court of Judicature allowing the change of name of a candidate, the same shall be carried out by the Board after obtaining relevant documents concerning change of name published in an official gazette.

As result of CBSE class 12th is more latest in comparison to CBSE 10th class result.Hence, I would suggest you to make changes in class 12th certificate after showing certificate of class 10th to the board.

Further, the proposition is more procedural in nature than legal, hence, first procedure prescribed by CBSE has to be followed and in case they(board) deny it than remedy before law to be availed.

Therefore either rectify the documents as one time remedy or give affidavit to every recruiter that requires your document stating that both names are of same person and there is no malafide intent.


Manuj Chadha


Manuj Chadha
Advocate, Panchkula
8 Answers

4.0 on 5.0

This will definitely not affect your placement prospects and hence, you need worry about this.

Keep an affidavit ready with you at all the times when you appear in any interview/counselling, saying that your correct and full name is 'Yogendra Kumar Mandavi' and whereas the same has been wrongly entered into your 10th mark sheet as 'Yogendra Mandavi'.

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
9148 Answers
185 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Nothong to worry as this is not a big problema tall.

Just make an affidavit from the first class magistrate and then make a newspaper advertisement.Then the anomaly on your name would resolved.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22032 Answers
325 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hello , it do not make any difference as first name and the surname should be same in the documents .. There is no need to get it changed ..

Hemant Chaudhary
Advocate, Gurgaon
4601 Answers
44 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

get it corrected from CBSE by an affidavit.

Manish Paul
Advocate, Kolkata
287 Answers
2 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer