• Family problem

Dear Sir,
I am Kavita Sharma, My Native at Rajasthan. After marriage I am settled at UAE with my Husband and start the JOB. Till 3-4 years every thing is OK, in between I am purchase from my salary 5 Plot in Rajastha from my salary. 6 Month before my husband job is off due to company branch close in UAE.
After that my husband younger brother misguide to my husband and giving suggestion take divorce and join with us at Australia. My Husband Younger Brother have citizen Ship India and Australia both country. Now my husband every day torcher me, his younger brother every day call and pushing for Divorce, in a week call me and say why you not take divorce, same thing happen 9-10 month before, this time my husband friend circle explain, this time understand, but bow it's not listen.
Please guide me, How I am save my married life. If Divorce is must, then How I am take My and, because all land I am purchase on my Husband Name. Can I ask his property some parentage. I have one Son, his age is 5 years, his after born 1 year stay at my mom house. 

Please help me and advice.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Beawar, Rajasthan
Religion: Hindu
1. Whether your marriage took place in India or UAE? 
2. Are you currently residing in India or UAE?

3. If your marriage took place in India then you may apply for divorce against your husband on the ground of mental harassment in accordance with the Indian law. 

4. The land that has been registered in the name of your husband by you belongs exclusively to him. As such, you cannot claim any share in this land unless you prove that the same was purchased by you from your own sources of income without any monetary contribution by your husband.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Be bold. Collect all documentary evidences regarding your plots and property. Talk directly to your husband.
Ranbir Singh Sharma
Advocate, Ghaziabad
15 Answers
6 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Try to under stand he can not get divorce untill you decide for the same.as far as the property is concerned do not worry about that you can easily prove that it was purchased from your money.
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Try to settle the matter amicbly. It will be better to save your marriage
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4916 Answers
228 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Due to loss of job, your husband seems to have gone in depression, therefore first of all  try to convince him to consult a doctor/psychiatrist  immediately and wait for some time for its results.
Fateh Chand Sharma
Advocate, Noida
86 Answers
1 Consultation

4.8 on 5.0

your husband wants divorce . agree for divorce by mutual consent if husband is wiling to transfer land in your name . further your husband should agree to pay maintenance for the child . 

if your husband refuses to agree to your terms then refuse to give him divorce .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47935 Answers
2846 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer