• Protecting boy in love marriage

I would be thankful for your advice.I am a muslim girl of age 26 years.I have completed my ME and presently working and am in love with my colleague of age 30years who is Hindu brahmin.We have kept our wish to marry infront of our parents.Our parents are not ready for our marriage as inter-religion and society issues.We dont want to elope and get marry but we are true in our feelings and want there blessings so decided to wait till our parents agree.My parents are black mailing me that they will harm the boy kill him etc if we marry against their wish or else if i wont agree to marry as per my parents wish.I dont want to hurt anyone and m sure my family is not such cruel but dont want to underestimate them as i cant bear small harm to the boy.Is there any procedure to protect the boy.I want to take precaution before sumthing happens.I am asking this only for safeside
Asked in Family Law from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
look urs is a very critical situation, as both of u are adults and can marry as per ur wish and will but the parents are not convinced, plz convince them, legally there is no way out. as far as safety of the boy is concerned, u cannot even make a police complaint against ur parents which will hamper ur relations with ur parents. thru love try to manage the situation and if not solved, make a police complaint of threatning by ur parents abt ur bf and send a scanned/xerox copy to ur parents, ur parents will be very much afraid of such complaint seeing and will never even threat or make any remarks/injury to ur bf.
this is the only way out
best of luck
kisen agarwal
kolkata advocate
Kisen Kumar Agarwal

You can marry under Special Marriage Act by one month notice,after getting marriage certificate you can lodge a complaint to the police with copy of marriage certificate and higher authority of police,failing which you can file a writ petition in High Court.

you have to decide between your fiancee and your family . your parents don't want you to marry a hindu boy . you don't want to go against their wishes and marry . 

if you love the boy option is to get married under Special marriage act go in for registered marriage wherein both can retain their religions . 

if your parents are threatening to harm the boy would you be in position to file police complaint against your parents ?

if you don't want to marry against their wishes nor want to file police complaint against your parents better forget the boy and move on in life .

if you go in for registered marriage it wont affect your careers in govt sector or your plans of going abroad

The ball is in your court as you alone can choose between your lover and your parents. If you want to marry your lover then you can marry in the office of the registrar and then apply for protection from the HC if you apprehend a threat to his or your life.

You and the boy can move the HC and seek round the clock protection for him from your parents.

go ahead and Register for  marriage under special marriage act- as per this complete the filing application for the 30 days notice period. Then let the boy go and meet his local area police Inspector and inform him about the matter.  after the registration of the Marriage make sure that your husband take care of his personal security for few days as your family may be aggrieved and take any wrong steps, . Once the marriage is over in case you perceive the threat continuing, you have legal right as husband and wife to approach a court  seeking protection. Have courage to do what your heart tells you. loving and getting married to outside one's religion is not a crime .Listen to your heart and proceed. all the bests.