1. The mahila mandal people do not have any authority of law to take any action against you, but they really have a nuisance value. By calling the media persons they can defame you and your family by portraying your wife as a hapless victim. The media people will also come calling and give an extensive coverage to the story knowing that such stories generate a lot of TRP. You have lots of remedies under the legal framework of the country to redress the harassment meted out to you. Firstly, you can seek a stay order from the court against your wife and mahila mandal to restrain them from making any attempt to defame you. This apart, your mother, if she or your father is the owner of the house wherein your wife is currently residing, can file a case for domestic violence against your wife to seek protection for herself.
2. In the circumstances narrated by you, it will be appropriate on your part to go ahead and file for divorce. Your wife will get an opportunity to contest your divorce petition on merits.
3. You cannot remove your wife from the house even after you file for divorce. The marital tie comes to an end only when the court grants divorce, and not on the filing of divorce. So she can stay therein even during the pendency of the divorce case.
4. Mahila mandal people have no authority under the law to interfere in the dispute between you and your wife, If they threaten you in any manner then lodge a police complaint against them.
5. In the event that your wife files a false case for dowry harassment against you and your family members then apply immediately for bail. Delay in filing for bail can result in arrest.
6. The practice in such cases is to enmesh in the rigours of law as many members of the husband's family as one can. So your wife may also swim with the current. However, your sisters can then seek quashing of the case after seeking bail from the Indian court. They will be able to travel to India.