• Principal threatening to not give LC to my daughter

My daughter is in 11th science of the college in which i am teaching. 
She is totally unable to understand the teaching of the teachers. Due to which her performance and studies has deteriorated. She even dont like going at all. She has been the topper of the same school in which she is currently studying. 
Now when i asked for LC to get her in other college, she has threatened me to not give her LC and even play with her marks so that she will fail in 11th.
The reason she told was that what will she answer the trusties and other parents as to why a topper student , a head girl , who is also a teachers daughter is leaving the school.
She has also threatened to write negative remarks in her LC in last case.
Asked 7 years ago in Constitutional Law

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

7 Answers

1)you can get her admitted in coaching classes if your daughter is unable to understand what is being tauight in college

2) record principal threats

3) file police complaint against her for criminal intimidation under section 506 of IPC

4) in alternative complain to dy director education of your state that college is refusing to give LC

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95197 Answers
7607 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1.Do not get scared.The Principal out of losing the reputation and insecurity is behaving in this weird manner.

2.Now send her a written notice asking for LC for your child.

3.if this does not work then file a writ petition in high court.

4.on the direction of court your child would be given LC.

5.If your are permanent employee of the college then your job is secured. Any action even if taken would be treated as vindictive and is likely to be set aside by court.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
497 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Immediately issue a legal notice to her through counsel counselors if she is not ready to provide LC within notice period then you may file a civil suit against her before the civil court or complaint against her before the education department or you may directly contact with the trusty or management.

It is clearly violation of fundamental right provided by the constitution of India.

Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
6307 Answers
302 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0


Practically you being a parent should address a letter to the school principal demanding TC.A written record is needed , keep the copy of it for your legal purpose

If she refuse or if you have already done it, next step is to reach out to the trustees.

This either you can approach them directly if you have access to them


take a legal step sending a legal notice to the school demandingTC and mention about their threat of being intimidated by the school interms of marks and writing a bad conduct certificate

Once this comes on record through a lawyer's notice the principal will stop the harassment

You should ofcourse take care of your job depending on the situation as the personal relationship with the management may affect your work in future

Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1642 Answers
212 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


1) The Principal has no reason and right to deny the LC if you request for it. At the most the school can withhold refunding of fee already paid.

2) Write a detailed letter to the Principal requesting the LC by stating the reasons. If she refuses to acknowledge, write an email and keep the management in cc.

3) Be not afraid of the school to take a stand for your daughter's future. Tell the Principal in the first place that you will be compelled to take legal steps if need be. If necessitated you can issue a legal notice to the Principal for refusal to issue TC and threatening to enter negative remarks.

S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
3561 Answers
175 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you have paid the school fee of the current academic year of the school then the school authorities are bound to give her LC. You may file a suit for mandatory injunction against he school if it does not give her the certificate.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The oral threats are not to be taken into consideration.

You apply in writing giving reasons to get your daughter transferred to some other school.

If the management is still stubborn on the said decision, you may issue a legal notice to the college authorities and seek relief as desired.

Then initiate legal process to get your daughter transferred to the college of her choice.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85398 Answers
2235 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer