How to save my property in a divorce
I have filed a divorce and my query is regarding the apartment which is owned by both my wife and me. However, all the down payment, Yearly Tax and Monthly LIC home EMI is paid by me. I have all the bank statements which signifies the same. Post marriage, out of love i added my wife's name to the property which i bought. The property is still on EMI and it is for 25 years. So, far i have been paying for last 2 years. My wife has taken all her jewellery and now she is not appearing in the court. When i ask her to execute a release deed she denied. So below are my questions:
1) Should i stop my EMI & get the house to auction? because anywazs my wife post divorce will get 50% of the property?
2) As the house is on EMI, what will be the outcome in case of divorce?
3) Can i re-purchase the house, once the house in action in Bangalore?
Asked 8 years ago in Family Law
Thanks for al the comments. My wife is working and i paid for her education.
So, please help with the below question?
1) Assuming I stop the EMI and the house went for auction, will my wife be entitled for 50% share on the money which be generated through auction( post Bank deduct its share)?
2) What all action my wife can take, in case i stop my monthly EMI?
3) Since my wife is working, will she be entitled to maintenance or any alimony?
4) If I continue managing the EMI and get the divorce. can the court or my wife force me to sell the property and give her the share?
Thanks in Advance
Asked 8 years ago