• Want to recover my money from my GF

Me and my gf were in a relationship since last 5 yrs. she had promised me for marrying me. But from last 2 and a half months her mob is continously coming switched off and she had not contacted me by any means. We are from different states myself from ranchi. And she is from delhi. I had transfered a total amount of 8 lac 30k to her account and all transactions are through NEFT i am having all reciepts and all. Now since she is not contacting me I am thinking that she is cheating on me. So I would like to know what cheating case and recovery case I can file to get back my money.
Asked 1 year ago in Civil Law from Ranchi, Jharkhand
Hi, First you have to issue legal notice demanding from her to repay the amount and if she fail to pay the amount then you have to file a suit for recovery of the money in the jurisdictional court.

2, The limitation for filing the suit for recovery of money is 3 years from the date of the transaction, which please note.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4551 Answers
203 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Suit for recovery has to be filed within period of 3 years of advancement of loan 

2) if more than 3 years have passed your claim would be barred by limitation 

3) issue legal notice to her to repay your money 

4) if she fails to pay then file summary suit 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45682 Answers
2686 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. What for you had sent her the said huge sum of money by bank transfer?

2. Is it towards loan or just as gift  for her use and expenditure?

3. You can file a Money Suit at Ranchi claiming back the said amount with interest which you had sent to her as a loan.

4. Before filing the said Money Suit, you shall have to send her a legal notice claiming back all the said amount sent by you and terming the reason for such money transfer as for giving loan to her.

5. It will be legally excellent if you can  submit any evidence of her asking for the said amount from you to term it as loan given by you as asked by her.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18520 Answers
449 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. She seems to have duped you.
2. However before reaching any conclusions do visit her in her home.
3. If you find her cheater then you can lodge complaints of cheating with the local police station.
4. In addition you can file civil suit for recovery of money.
All the best.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12875 Answers
166 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Don't be panic. Check what happened  to her? If you feel that you  had cheated then take action against her. First you have to take details of transactions. For what purpose you would transfer money to her account. If you take contention  that she borrowed from you then file a suit for recovery of money. Suit for recovery of money  has to be filed within a  period of 3 years from the date of payment.if more than 3 years have passed your claim would be barred by limitation.May her email will help you.

Before filing a suit a legal notice will send to her. if she fails to pay then file the suit .
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
2768 Answers
47 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you may file a fir for  criminal breach of trust at the local police station and also initiate a money suit for recovery of friendly loans.
Saptarshi Banerjee
Advocate, Kolkata
220 Answers
4 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

If you had voluntarily transferred the amount to her, which was not to be repaid by her to you, you cannot recover it from her. Mere break up of the relationship does not entitle you to recover the amount. If you go to civil court you will have to prove that the amount was given as a loan to her and also her liability to repay the amount to you
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. you may file a criminal case for the offence punishable under section 420 IPC.

2. all receipts are admissible evidence and you can easily prove your case

3. but you have to take attested/certified copy of NEFT receipt from the bank manager because in devoid of certificate those receipt will not be admitted by the court. 
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
5066 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

You can file a money recovery suit agaisnt her seeking refund of money given to her so far based on the documentary evidences you possess,

You should first issue a legal demand notice demanding refund of the money you have given to her on different occasions, failing to respond or comply with the demands made you may file a money recovery suit.

Cheating case may not be maintainable. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35850 Answers
390 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer