• Power of Attorney

I have purchased a Flat in Kolkata in the joint name of my wife and myself. We stay in UAE now. We have taken possession of the Flat. Now we have to do the Registration of the Flat. My wife is not able to travel to India now for this purpose. She will give me a Power of Attorney to sign documents on her behalf. The Power of Attorney will be attested by Indian Embassy in Abu Dhabi. Do I need the Power of Attorney to be prepared on Plain Paper or on Non-judicial Stamp Paper?
Asked 12 days ago in Property Law from United Arab Emirates
power of attorney has to be on non judicial stamp paper . 

2) in the alternative franking can be done of the document and then sent to your wife for her signature . 
Preparation on plaint paper only and no stamp paper is required  is required for the same.
Once that is done you need to adjudicate the POA from the Collector's office and then only it can be given effect.
If you are from kolkata you may feel free to contact for further help.
You can prepare the POA on a plain A4 Size paper and get the document duly attested by the Indian embassy and carry the document with you to India, thereafter in the state where the property is being registered, the POA must be duly stamped or adjudication must be done, since it is a document executed outside India. Then this document can be used by you on your wife behalf and the registration can be completed.
1. You should get the POA printed on a non judicial stamp paper and got the same notarised by the appropriate officer of local Indian Embassy.

2. Being the POA holder of your wife, you can sign the title deed on her behalf while getting the sale deed registered before the registrar.
The GPA can be drawn even on a plain paper but it has to be registered in India in the office of jurisdictional sub-registrar.
it may be written on plain paper or non judicial stamp paper but it should be registered under the registration act. registration shall enhance its legal validity and she cannot refuse in future from the execution of POA. when a document is attested it proves that consent of the person is free from any duress or fraud. 

The power of attorney deed can be prepared in a plain paper since u are in a foreign country, but the same has to be presented before the registrar in India for adjudication, stamp duty, registration etc before the execution of sale deed.