Divorce In United Kingdom
I was married in United Kingdom, and i have done Court-Marriage In UK, not a Religious Marriage, The marriage has been Dissolved in United Kingdom, Can i remarry In India.If the Divorce Decree Of United Kingdom Is Valid in INDIA.
Asked 19 days ago in Family Law from United Kingdom
1) since your marriage has been solemnised in UK and divorce granted in UK your divorce decree would be valid in India
2) you are free to remarry
Since the marriage was Solemnised under court marriage in the united kingdom and subsequently your marriage has been dissolved in United kingdom, you can remarry in India.
The Divorce decree in United Kingdom is valid in India to the extant as proof of your divorce.
1. You have not married in India either as per any Indian Act.
2. You have not married any where following Hindu rites and customs to attract Hindu Marriage Act in India.
3. You have married your wife as per UK law and got the said marriage dissolved as per UK law.
4. You are at liberty to get married in India as per Hindu Marriage Act and also by following Hindu Customs and rites.
5. However, it will be prudent on your part to get the UK decree of divorce of your marriage registered at UK validated before your local District court in India to be stay more protected against any future false complaint/case, if any.filed against you.
Yes, you can remarry without any tension.
Divorce decree is valid in all over the world.
Feel free to call
Advocate, New Delhi
If both you married in UK only and that too as per their law sans Hindu rites and customs then such marriage can be dissolved by UK court and the same is very much valid in India.
So you can remarry .
If you are still an UK resident then to remove any semblance of dispute get your subsequent marriage registered in UK as well.
1. The decree of dissolution of matrimony passed by a foreign court is valid in India for all legal and practical reasons unless it has been set aside by an Indian court.
2. The limitation period to challenge the foreign decree in India is 90 days.
Since your marriage and divorce took place in UK, you can very well marry in India if yo are eligible for that.
The Indian law shall not interfere with your marriage and divorce case that took place in UK and shall not prohibit you from marrying in India subject to the conditions implied in it.