• Consent of child and family visa requirement

I am married to divorced lady having 12 year old girl child, her divorce is from Kazi at Darul Qaza Muslim personal law board. Now i want to issue her family visa, i am working in Saudi Arabia, also i need to get full consent of child to my wife. her x-husband ready to give consent,
I want to know what document i need to prepare for this process and to issue family visa hassle free. and how much time it required,
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Saudi Arabia
Religion: Muslim
1. The requirement of visa often varies from state to state.
2. SOme states like UK, USA put a very tric visa regimen for working couple.
3. However in middle east the visa regime is quite liberal and in many states visa can be applied through online process.
4.You have to hence follow the rules herein below-
" Family Visit Visa
Family visit visas do not grant the applicant the right to work or reside in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.


A passport valid for at least six months, with at least two (2) clear visa pages adjacent to each other. The passport must be acceptable to enter both the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the applicant's next destination.
One (1) recent passport size color photograph with a white background. Photograph(s) must be full-face shots in which the applicant is facing the camera directly.  Side or angled-views are NOT accepted. Guidelines for accepted photograph for Visa.
A completed application form filled-out with in CAPITAL LETTERS a black ink pen or printed. Application forms  can be downloaded from the website at http://www.saudiembassy.net/. Please include your email address on the application.
A reference note showing the number and the date of the visa issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or any of its branches in Jeddah or Dammam.
For non-U.S. citizens, a copy of the green card or documented proof of legal residence in the U.S.
Visa fees must be paid online through Enjaz website www.enjazit.com.sa or through any of the Visa Offices Registered with Enjaz. The Consulate will not accept payments.  The visa fee is one hundred and eight U.S. dollars ($108.00) for U.S. passport holders; for non-U.S. passport holders the fee is fifty-four U.S. dollars ($54.00) for a single entry and one hundred and thirty-four U.S. dollars ($134.00) for multiple entries.
Minors (under 18 years of age) travelling alone or with one parent must submit a notrized letter of authorization, in either in Arabic or English, signed by both parents or legal guardians.
Log on to https://enjazit.com.sa/ . Click on “Apply for a visa to enter the Kingdom by individuals.” It is important to record the request number on the application and present it to the Consulate. Guideline for enjaz online application.
All application forms must be typed in CAPITAL LETTERS.
To apply, Please use one of the authorized travel  agencies  by the Embassy at the following link :
Note: to follow up on your visa status, please contact your visa agent.".

Visit - http://saudiembassy.net/services/visa/default.aspx for more details.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
13170 Answers
175 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Prepare an adoption deed your wife as biological mother and you as an adoptive father. Get the, NOC consent in affidavit by the father of the child. 
You need to register this deed in th nearest registrar office. 
This is an accepted legal documents for any international visa and passport. 
Take the help of an advocate to get it done. If needed further support get back to us.
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1515 Answers
139 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) her ex husband should give affidavit that after divorce his wife will have full custody of the child
2) both parents can give child in adoption to you. for that deed of adoption would be necessary . 

3) since biological father has no objection he can execute deed of adoption in your favour . 

4) on that basis minor child passport can reflect your name in the passport . 

5) as per recent supreme court judgement any person can adopt a child irrespective of his religion
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46856 Answers
2772 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) in order to apply for family visa you must have passport valid for atleast 6 months 

2) you must  have recent passport size photograph facing the camera 

3) you can download visa application form from saudi embassy website , mention your email address . 

4) visa fees must be paid online . 

5) contact a local travel agent for fulfillment of formalities
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46856 Answers
2772 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. The biological parents of the child should give consent for getting the said Visa,

2. Without executing and registering an adoption deed, you can not be his guardian or father.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18806 Answers
454 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You cannot step into the shoes of the father or guardian of your child if you have not adopted the minor or been appointed as a guardian of her by the court. Till that time your name cannot be incorporated as the father or guardian of your wife’s daughter in the passport. 

2. If the biological father is willing to give the child in adoption to you then a deed of adoption may be executed between him and you. After that your name can be incorporated as the father of your step-daughter in the latter’s passport without any legal hassles. No other document is required.

3. To adopt some one you do not need to go to court. An adoption deed prepared by your lawyer will suffice.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23173 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you can file declaratory suit (sec 34 of The Specific Relief Act, 1963) for legal guardianship of that child in civil court and make her ex husband a necessary party. in this suit her ex husband can plead that he has relinquished his whole right in respect of guardianship of that child. after obtaining that decree you can make a family register. it is very easy procedure and you can get relief within 1 month. thereafter you can make any document because you are the step father of that child and her father is precluded to claim any right.
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
5066 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer