Extension in joining CRPF
sir, myself dr saurabh, from nagpur got appointment letter for the post of medical officer in CRPF. my last date of joining was 31 oct 2014 but i have applied for extension in joining period to Directorate General, CRPF for 1 month because i am serving in maharashtra govt and it takes some time to complete the formalities.can CRPF give me extension in joining? please give legal suggestion
Asked 3 years ago in Civil Law from Nagpur, Maharashtra
1) as per terms and conditions of appointment letter you were supposed to report for duty latest by 31st October 2014
2)before expiry of last date application for extension has been made by you to CRPF
3)it is at the discretion of CRPF whether to grant you extension or not . you have to justify why you want extension of time for joining
YOU CAN GIVE A LETTER BY REGISTERED POST BY GIVING A COGENT REASON FOR NOT JOINING IN THE PRESCRIBED TIME IF THEY REJECT FILE A WRIT ION THE HIGH COURT SEEKING DIRECTION FOR EXTENSION WITH A COGENT REASON
1. Since the appointment letter mandates that you report for duty by no later than 31st October yon were bound to act in accordance with it.
2. You applied for extension of joining period before 31st October 2014
3. In such facts and circumstances it is entirely at the discretion of CRPF to allow or disallow you from joining after 31st October. If the reasoning articulated in the letter by you wherein you sought extension is genuine, rejection of your request by CRPF can be challenged by you in the High Court. The High Court can allow you to join after the expiry of the time limit mentioned in the appointment letter issued by CRPF.
If they will find your rains for delay in joining reasonable enough, they might allow your late joining. However they will not remain at your mercy thinking that you might keep extending the joining date. It is advisable to speak to the appointing authority in person and explain your situation.
A. inform CRPF by email today itself as only 1 day is over the already fixed date of 31/10/14. for joining.
B. also inform them by sending letter by speed post .
C. the discretion to allow extension for joining is solely with CRPF.
D. if CRPF reject ur request then u can challenge it by filing writ petition in high court.
Advocate, New Delhi
Hi, as per the terms of the appointment order you have to act accordingly if you want extension of time you can make request but it is purely a discretionary.
The department have power to do that.
contact the concerned person of the department personally
Advocate, New Delhi
1. It is to be decided solely by the CRPF authority whether they will accept your application for extenion of the joining date,
2. Though they are not legally bound to extend your joining date, normally and prudentially they should accept your request for the said extension to save their administrative cost for recruiting anothet person in your place, if you are not allowed to join after one month of your joining date.