• Death certificate

is it possible to make a rectification in a Cremation Certificate issued by Sub Register  Burning Ghat to obtain Death Certificate from another Municipality where death occured.
Asked 3 years ago in Civil Law from Kolkata, West Bengal
1.What is the nature of the rectification sought?

2.You may apply for rectification with the Sub Register  Burning Ghat with an Affidavit and necessary letter or certificate from the Hospital if the death was certified by a Doctor on a prescribed format . You need to approach the office of the Sub Register  Burning Ghat for the same.

3. The Death Certificate  has to be obtained from the  Municipality where death occurred.
S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
2146 Answers
94 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Death Certificate is issued by the Sub-Registrar stationed at the Burning Ghat which you have already got,

2. It is not issued where the death has occured,

3. Why do you want to rectify and what do you want to rectify?

4. Give complete facts.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
15522 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) you have not mentioned complete facts of your case . what is nature of rectification sought? 

2) you have to make an application to Sub registrar stationed in Burning ghat in this regard for rectification in cremation certificate 

3) death certificate has to be obtained from ward office of muncipal corporation
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
36467 Answers
2030 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Your query is incomplete. What is the nature of rectification you want to make in the death certificate?

2. Death certificate is issued by the registrar which has jurisdiction over the place where the cremation took place. Another registrar cannot assume jurisdiction.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
21589 Answers
579 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

why u want to make rectification in a Cremation Certificate ?

state full facts.
R.K. Nanda
Advocate, New Delhi
457 Answers
0 Consultations

3.8 on 5.0

If burning ghat comes under different municipality and that registrar has no jurisdiction then you need to rectify it. You can surrender certificate to the registrar and apply afresh before competent registrar office with duly attested copy of surrendered certificate. Then you can get death certificate.
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
4625 Answers
62 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

cremation certificate is the base to issue death certificate by mc if natural death and hiding of facts from lawyer/doctor results in lack of remedy.
Brijendra Kumar Vishwakarma
Advocate, Kanpur
117 Answers
0 Consultations

3.3 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a Lawyer