is it possible to make a rectification in a Cremation Certificate issued by Sub Register Burning Ghat to obtain Death Certificate from another Municipality where death occured.
Asked in Civil Law from Kolkata, West Bengal
1.What is the nature of the rectification sought?
2.You may apply for rectification with the Sub Register Burning Ghat with an Affidavit and necessary letter or certificate from the Hospital if the death was certified by a Doctor on a prescribed format . You need to approach the office of the Sub Register Burning Ghat for the same.
3. The Death Certificate has to be obtained from the Municipality where death occurred.
1. Death Certificate is issued by the Sub-Registrar stationed at the Burning Ghat which you have already got,
2. It is not issued where the death has occured,
3. Why do you want to rectify and what do you want to rectify?
4. Give complete facts.
1) you have not mentioned complete facts of your case . what is nature of rectification sought?
2) you have to make an application to Sub registrar stationed in Burning ghat in this regard for rectification in cremation certificate
3) death certificate has to be obtained from ward office of muncipal corporation
1. Your query is incomplete. What is the nature of rectification you want to make in the death certificate?
2. Death certificate is issued by the registrar which has jurisdiction over the place where the cremation took place. Another registrar cannot assume jurisdiction.
why u want to make rectification in a Cremation Certificate ?
state full facts.
Advocate, New Delhi
If burning ghat comes under different municipality and that registrar has no jurisdiction then you need to rectify it. You can surrender certificate to the registrar and apply afresh before competent registrar office with duly attested copy of surrendered certificate. Then you can get death certificate.
cremation certificate is the base to issue death certificate by mc if natural death and hiding of facts from lawyer/doctor results in lack of remedy.