Because of verbal,physical and mental harrasment from my husband and inlaw im living in our mother home past 2 years.
I have 2 girls. 1st girl is mentally retarded and staying in charitable trust. Baby pension also spending for his own by my husband and inlaw without taking care of her from 2008 to 2016.
2nd girl with me studying 5th class.in his name having 2 acres land.
Now he has changed resident location and planning for second marraige.his mother getting pension amount without taking care and presence of 1st girl.
idont have any evidences now for harrasment happened. How can i proceed for 1.Maintenence for me and 2 dauthers
2.pension amount which has spend by my husband and inlaw
3.how can i prevent the sale of 2 acres land.how we can get rights on that land.
4.how can i file case against harrament done on 2 years back.
I am uneducated and not working women in my mother house.
Please suggest that what are the petitions need to file and how much time it will take,what evidences required for case.
Approx how much amount i need to spend.
Our parents are middle class family, and we are already a burden to them. Cant pay more money.
pls suggest for our life survival.
Asked 1 month ago in Family Law from Nellore, Andhra Pradesh
you can file petition under section 125 cr pc and seek maintenance for your self and 2 daughters
2) you can also file DV case and seek alternative accommodation from husband , maintenance for 2 daughters , injunction restraining husband from selling the land
3) in your complaint under DV act narrate the various incidents that forced you to vacate your matrimonial house
4) your testimony and that of your parents will help you in making out a case . you can also rely upon various chat messages exchanged with husband
5) if you cant afford legal fees contact district legal aid center for assistance in filing DV case / 125 Cr pc complaint
6) DV case would take around 5 years . litigation fees vary depending upon lawyer engaged by you
1. He cannot remarry unless he obtains a decree of dissolution of marriage. To get maintenance for yourself and your kids you have to file a case for maintenance in the court of the judicial magistrate.
2. To restrain him from selling the land you may seek injunction to stop him from creating third party rights. You may also seek alternate accommodation at his expenditure. This apart, you can claim compensation for the domestic violence already suffered.
3. Your solitary statement may be sufficient for you to get the above reliefs if the court finds it truthful.
1) First of all you need to find out his whereabouts. You will need his address to send him court summons.
2) You can file a case under Domestic violence against your husband and in laws. Domestic violence is treated a continuing offence and is bit time barred. As proof you should bring your friends or relatives as witnesses to depose in the court.
3) Bring to the notice of the court and the pension authorities that your husband and in laws are illegally receiving the mention meant for your daughter without casting for her. Be prepared to take care of your mentally challenged daughter.
4) You can move an interim application for immediate reliefs. You can get relief within three to four months.
5) There charges are subjective and is different from lawyer to lawyer.
1. Don't think you do not have any evidence Your statements and some witnesses are sufficient for harassment mated to you by your husband and his family members. the relation of wife and husband and children are sufficient for claiming maintenance. You can seek maintenance by filing maintenance petition before concerned court of law and you can also file Domestic Violence case against your husband and his family members and can seek for alternate residential accommodation etc., 2. You can seek refund of pension amount of your 1st daughter spend by your husband and in-law. 3 For selling the land lying in the name of your 2nd daughter who is minor the permission must be taken from the court and you can make your objection there. the land cannot be sell without your consent. 4. You can file dowry harassment case directly by saying the harassment is continuing for harassment no need to live jointly you can take plea of your 1st daughters pension and there visiting your residence place etc., and harassing. No authority or court will question since you are residing separately and other things. For filling harassment no need to spend any amount you just go to concerned women police station and lodge a complaint they will register a case. Education is not criteria no need to think. be positive and go ahed you will succeed/
1. File an application claiming maintenance for you and your two daughters from your husband. You won't have to submit evidence about their torture for claiming such maintenance,
2. File an application claiming the said amount which is being illegally spend by your husband,
3. If he fails to pay the maintenance, you can file an application praying for sale of the property to pay for your maintenance. You can not stop selling his property,
4. There is no limitation in filing criminal cases. You can lodge police complaint u/s498A of IPC and also can file DV case now. You being unemployed lady, can claim maintenance for you and your two daughters.
You can file a domestic violence case against your husband and mother in law and agaisnt those people who indulged in the domestic violence activities against you.
You can seek protection, residential rights, maintenance for you and your both the children and compensation for the damages you suffered and also return of your articles including jewels held by them.
You can lodge a criminal complaint agaisnt them under section 498a too for the cruelties unleashed against you due to which you are now living in your parents house.
You can file a maintenance case under section 125 cr.p.c for you and your children.
You can file an injunction suit seeking to restrain him from alienating or selling his 2 acres of land on which you propose to create a lien owing to the maintenance case to be filed against him.
The cost for all these would be informed by your advocate