• How & where to apply for death certificate

My father is a cancer patient & he passed on 2012 on Kolkata thakurpukur hospital. We belongs to Jamshedpur (jharkhand). He was subsequently cremated in Jamshedpur. Which Municipal Corporation (MC) will issue the death certificate? When I go to the block office as well as jsr municiple area officers said me that the death is not occurred in Jamshedpur so they are not able to issue death certificate. Please suggest already 4years passed, what should I do now???

Thanks & regards
  Milan
Asked 7 months ago in Civil Law from Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
since your father died in kolkata death certificate has to be issued by hospital in kolkata 

on basis of death certificate issued by hospital cremation was done in jamshedpur 

3) death has to be registered with jamshedpur municipal corporation and they would issue you registered death certificate 

4) file writ petition against MC in jamshedpur to issue you death certificate 

1) Your father's death must have been registered in Kolkata by the hospital as that is thee normal procedure.  Therefore you can go back to the Municipal Corporation where his death was registered, to apply for the Death Certificate, You will be required to produce the following:      Proof of birth of the deceased,    An affidavit specifying the date and time of death,     A copy of the ration card,
    The required fee in the form of court fee stamps.
    Person requesting the death certificate is required to provide the evidence of relationship with the deceased and complete address with nationality .

2) Alternately you can apply for it in Jamshedpur itself. You will  need to get an extract of the Registration of death from the authorities in Kolkata and submit the same to your local Municipality for the Death certificate to be issued.

3) If the Municipality refuses to entertain your application, you will have to get a court order for the issuance of the certificate for you.
you should take death certificate from the concerned hospital thereafter file an application before the municipal corporation of jamshedpur for issuance of death certificate. 

they cannot refused because death certificate will be issued on the basis of death certificate issued from the hospital. it does not matter that where he died.  

The death certificate is to be issued by the municipality within whose local limits your father was ordinarily residing. If you have produced the hospital records of your father then municipality in Jamshedpur is bound to issue the death certificate. So if the competent municipality is not issuing the death certificate then you can move the High Court which can in its extraordinary jurisdiction order the municipality to issue the certificate.
You may obtain a death certificate from the hospital where he breathed his last and also obtain the cremation certificate from the burial grounds at Jamshedpur, after which you can apply for death certificate including the said documents requesting the certificate. 
If it still not obliging then you may approach court for directing the authorities to furnish the death certificate. 
1) if your application has been rejected by the gram panchayat you have to move court for necessary reliefs as advised in my earlier post 
You may challenge the rejection of your application in the High Court, as said earlier by me.
You have to aproach court seeking direction against the Municipal authorities of Jamshedpur for directing them to register and furnish the death certificate/extract after completing the necessary formalities in this regard.
You should implead them as party to the mandatory injunction suit to be filed for this purpose.