• School is asking to submit full fees before providing TC

Hi Sir,
This is with reference to my son studying in class III at Rainbow International School Thane wherein since i am relocating from Mumbai i have asked for School Leaving Certificate for my son, but to my utter surprise the school in return asked me to pay another 24k stating that as per their rules no TC can be provided unless the child has paid complete annual fees.
When I asked them to show if they had taken my consent on any such thing they simply showed the admission form wherein its mentioned that "School fees once submitted is not refundable", i have cleared all dues till now and was due for a third term fees in Sep'16 but since my child will not continue from the 3rd term why should I pay more?
Have sent the request for TC on 10th Aug but it was only on 20th Aug they replied on mail and asked me to come and meet the admin.
Please guide as they are unnecessarily harassing me to pay complete fees and playing with my children's future
Asked 2 years ago in Civil Law from Thane, Maharashtra
1) you can pay amount under protest 

2) collect TC then move consumer forum against school and seek refund of fees paid with interest 

3) in the alternative complain to directorate  of education against school arm twisting tactics 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45671 Answers
2686 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) The condition "School fees once submitted is not refundable" will have no bearing on the school demanding the payment of the entire fee for the year. The school is unjustified in demanding payment of the entire year's fee as you want to get the TC for your child.

2) The school is not justified in its policy, if there is such policy it is not justifiable by any standards and is totally arbitrary.

3) If the school is refusing to issue the TC without payment of the annual fee, you should send a legal notice to the school demanding the issuance of the TC forthwith.
S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
2246 Answers
110 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If the rule stipulates the payment of complete annual fee as a condition precedent to the issue of TC then the school can bind you to the contract. If third term falls in the same annual year in which your child has completed two terms then you are bound to pay the fee if you wish to obtain TC. 
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

No need to pay full fee for getting TC of your son. You have to approach concerned District Education Officer and District collector they will take immediate action against school and you will get your sons TC. 
Lakshmi Kanth
Advocate, Hyderabad
404 Answers
13 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

In general the parent has to undertake the payment of fee for the entire academic year though he is taking away the child in between.

The bitter fact is that he may be burdened with full academic fees in the next school.

However you may first issue a legal notice to the school management to issue the TC or else you can proceed against the school through court. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35828 Answers
390 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer