• A legitimate husband is victim - please help

Respected Sirs and Mam, Pls help for best advice. I understand It's a bit long, but pls read, plz.

About Myself & Family:- I am an engineer working with MNC as a Sr. Manager and my father runs a business and mom is house wife. Also I am an only child for my family. So we are three. Mom, me and Father. 
About MyWife & Family:- Wife is a home maker studied only 12th standard. She has no parents (no father and no mother), but she has elder sister (married) and elder brother (married). Her brother work ladies chappal selling on streets bazar kind of.  
I got married since 12th June 2015. Since I married my life is not stable. My wife not cook at all. Even though I go to office early morning. I dont get breakfast and Lunch cooked. We had daily fight in our house. 

Major issues:- 
1. In the month of July 2015, Her gold set (given from her brother) is stolen from house. We had a internal meeting and did not find out any solution. And her brother, sister in the meeting said that no problem you guys think and stable your marriage life. Gold sets we can have more. 

2. In the month of August 2015, she had fight with my mother with any kichen issues and she went away from my home without any intimation. We had a police came at my home (I called) and again their brother came to our house and said that you guys think and stable your marriage life  and we accepted her without any documentation. 

3. In the month of January 2016, she went to her brother house stating that, I cannot cook and stay there for 3 continous months and came back in April 2016.

4. Now this is important. Pls be concentrate. She came back in April 2016 coz I dont want to spoil my marriage life, went to their house and took her my house mutually. Now in two months she planned everything and one day she called her brother and sister late night when I came back late at my home from Official party and everyone bombarded on me in night that why u came house late and drink and took me into police station stating that. I am drinking daily and beating my wife daily which I does not do. I love my wife. But she trapped me dat day and after police investigation in police station she went her brothers home since then and not in my home. 

Now the main point is, When I checked the almirah and didnot found in that the gold chain and gold ring which was give to me at the time of marriage from their brother. 

I am into this situation now. I understand, I wrote long, but pls requested sir's and mam. Give me appropriate advice to get rid of fast, since I am the only child for my family, My mother is about to die seeing this, since she is a heart patient. 

Requesting all Pls. 

Asked 2 years ago in Family Law from New Delhi, Delhi
Religion: Hindu
1) it appears your wife does not love you and wants to harass you 

2) your best option is for divorce by mutual consent 

3) if wife is not agreeable fir divorce don't take the initiative of bringing her back to your house 

4) accept  her if she tenders an unconditional apology of filing false complaint before the local police station 

5) in said letter she should mention there have been no incidents of physical or mental cruelty after marriage by you or your family members 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46822 Answers
2769 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you have registered your marriage under Special Marriage Act, you may file a petition in Family Court of your area for dissolution of marriage under Sec 27 1d on the ground of cruelty. However,  understanding your case as described,the court may grant you instead alternative relief in the form of judicial separation having regard to the circumstances of your case. 
2.Please consult a family lawyer of your area to proceed further.
Sushil Jha
Advocate, Patna
262 Answers
2 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Long story but i appreciate u about ur courage and the life u live. Dont u worry my advise might be long might be short might u like or u dont like.  

U have to give application in police station regarding theft of ur gold ornaments. And also mention about that she has run away from ur house after commitig such theft . Understand here u dont know wherr she have gone. And file a divorce petition before they file cruelty cases against u and ur family. Once proved she has herself left ur home she will not be liable for maintainance.
U can mssge me further 
Shivam Sood
Advocate, Ludhiana
93 Answers
1 Consultation

4.2 on 5.0

1. This marriage is over and there is no need to love this wife to carry on this marriage anymore.
2. You better ask for their decision on this . Divorce seems to be their priority.
3. if that is so then go for mutual divorce.
4. if not then do not wait for their steps and file contested divorce suit.
5.Do not worry. You should get bail easily.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
13155 Answers
175 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. It is not the responsibility of wife to cook. This has been held by the courts in India in numerous cases. If you want breakfast, which your wife does not prepare, either make it yourself or eat outside.

2. The advice would be to visit a marriage counsellor to iron out your differences.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23140 Answers
640 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. First you shall have to decide what do you want from your matrimonial relationship,

2. If you want to continue with her, then bring her back and try to adjust with her,

3. If you want to terminate the relationship, then file a divorce suit on the ground of cruelty,

4. Has the police filed a FIR against you on that day? If yes avail anticipatory bail and contest the case fittingly,

5. All your future action will depend on your decision about whether you want to continue your relationship with your wife or not.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18785 Answers
454 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer