• Domestic violence and abuse

My husband beats me and abuses  for another woman. He doesn't contributes to household expenses. I can't bear it anymore... what do?
Asked 2 years ago in Family Law from Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
Try to resolve for thr sake of survival of marriage.
If your husband nevertheless does not make mends then file case u/s 498A IPC.
You can file case under PWDV Act as well for maintenance and other connected reliefs
Meet a local lawyer soon to act on the advice made here..
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
13174 Answers
175 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can lodge a criminal complaint agaisnt him for the cruelties meted out to you.

When he is indulging in excessive violence you may call the police to rescue you from his captive and seek protection.

You can also file a domestic violence case seeking protection, residential rights and maintenance including return of yor stridhan articles. 

You can also file a maintenance case under section 125 cr.p.c.

If the tortures are unbearable you can also file a contested divorce case. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
37030 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) file police complaint against him under section 498A  of IPC

2) also file DV case and seek maintenance, protection order against husband, compensation for mental torture undergone by you 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46867 Answers
2772 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can file for divorce on the ground of cruelty. This apart, you may file a domestic violence case to seek maintenance and protection order against your husband. If he violates the protection order he may be imprisoned on your solitary statement if it is truthful and inspiring. Furthermore, you can also seek alternate accommodation at your husband's expense.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23176 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

First file an FIR under 498A in the nearest police station
You can  also file a complaint under "protection of women against domestic violence act 2005, for protection orders against your husband and prohibitory order refraining him coming to the place of residence that is inside the house,or troubling you in the office or contacting you in any modes.
This also provide you an option to ask for maintenance and other costs like rent amount if you are staying on rent or aright of an accommodation  etc.
You can file force divorce on cruelty grounds and seek alimony and maintenance  and other reliefs of A house, return of your articles or sthridhan and  child support etc.You can ask for divorce on adultery ground if any proof to submit of his affair with the lady.
don't suffer and tolerate the insult, physical assault and cruelty, emotional and sexual abuses on your body and mind. Collect yourself to fight it out for your dignity when you will respect yourself.
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1515 Answers
139 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

immediately file a complaint before magistrate under section 18,19,20 & 22 of Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act- and claim protection, right to residence, maintenance and compensation from him.
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4880 Answers
226 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer