• I want divorce from my wife

I am tortured by my wife's activities as I came to know about her relationships with several people and she also proposed to an unknown guy for marriage after getting married with me.
Please help me and guide me how can I file a case against my wife???
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Delhi, Delhi
Religion: Hindu
You can file a divorce petition if you have proof of what you are saying. Usually contested divorce petitions are time consuming. Talk to your wife if she is ready to get separated from you in view of her alleged marriage proposal to other. .
H. S. Thukral
Advocate, New Delhi
570 Answers
170 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You should file a divorce on adultery ground.collect all proofs. Photos,calls,any other documents.
If you think she will agree for a mutual consent divorce which is a joint petition where you can get divorce in six months.
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1515 Answers
139 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

dear client if u have proof of allegation u can file divorce on grounds of adultery. if she want to marry some one else convince for mutual divorce as otherwise her 2nd marriage will be illegal without divorce with you. for detail u can call me
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

you have stated that you came to know about your wife relationship with several guys . do you have any evidence of these relationships . if you have necessary evidence you can file case for adultery against those guys .

 however please note that if these relationships were before marriage no case for adultery would be made out . 

you can also file for divorce on grounds of adultery , mental cruelty against your wife .if she has maintained sexual relations with other men after marriage .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46916 Answers
2775 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Querist
File a divorce petition before district court under section 13(1)(ia) of Hiindu Marriage Act.
feel free to call
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4880 Answers
226 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Think twice before going for divorce proceedings as it is further going to increase your agony. If you feel neglected for any reason ,you start feeling the way you mentioned.This is the case number of times.So try to discuss the issue with her frankly and than take any action if you don't find any hope of happy living.Normal adjustments in married life are always required.
Anil Gupta
Anil Gupta
Advocate, New Delhi
180 Answers
41 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer