• Partition deed in Bangalore, Karnataka

We have constructed apartments in bangalore, using a company registered with all partners. Now, the apartments are complete, and they are asking for partition deed. Do i physically need to be present for this? I live in the US, and this is turning out to be a costly trip, just for a signature. 

Asked 2 years ago in Property Law from United States
Religion: Hindu
You can appoint an authorized person through power of attorney (special) , to appear on your behalf in execution of partition deed.
You can make this POA deed in your city and registered it before the indian consulate. 
This docmeny shall be admissible in the court in India as duly executed document.
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
5066 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1) you can execute specific power of attorney in favour of your family member to execute partition deed on your behalf

2) it should be attested before indian consulate . 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46816 Answers
2769 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you are unable to present yourself physically before the sub-registrar for the execution of the partition deed then you may execute a GPA in favour of someone to authorize him to appear for and on your behalf. Since you are in US you should get the GPA drafted by an Indian lawyer and sent it to your POA holder in India after having it attested before Indian Consulate in US.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23140 Answers
640 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, You have to execute General Power of Attorney  and your attorney will sign on behalf of you.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4561 Answers
204 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

A partition deed among all the partners or share holders has become an essential necessity of the time, it has to be executed as scheduled otherwise, it may take years to once again happen.

If you will not be able to be physically available for signing the registered deed then you can authorise your power agent through a Specific POA deed to execute the partition deed in your behalf.

The execution of POA can be executed at US itself but has to be attested  by a notary there at US or by an official of the Indian embassy, then the same is to be sent to the power agent's address in a sealed cover after which the power agent shall present it before the registrar, who after verifying the details of the power gent shall ask him to sign and pay necessary registration charges for getting this POA deed registered  by the the power agent shall become entitled to sign all the papers on or behalf.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
36935 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You can execute a POA in favour of any body in India and get the same registered before the appropriate officer of local Indian Consulate,

2. Your POA holder can execute and register the partition deed which will be binding on you.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18782 Answers
454 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer