• Divorce

Hi. I am married since last 8 years and have a kid. It was a love marriage. But soon after few days i got to know that all love was fake and i was tricked by this lady. I left my family for her and after marriage is staying with in laws only. She is even having an affair with d same guy who had ditched her and just to show him she got married to me. I have been often out regarding my job. This kid is mine. I want to get a divorce. i m d only one earning in the family and take care of them and in return get treated worst than a dog. They have abused me done torture physical and mental torture everyday. i tried talking it out and doing it mutually because want to save my image. Its becoming unbearable. Everyday its a new story sometimes she says give money and get out sometimes its no i will teach u a lesson, many a time we agreed on draft for mutual but the next day she changed. what do i do. i feel like ending my life. Please suggest how can i get a divorce ASAP. I don't want the kid but i m ready to pay one time settlement. Please guide.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
Religion: Hindu
You have enough ground to get divorce on the ground of torture.  File the case without waiting giving details of the incidents.
Prithwish Ganguli
Advocate, Kolkata
21 Answers
12 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Normally it is time consuming and law is more in favor of ladies and man feels as you are feeling but think of kid also plus don't give weightage to her earlier affair and don't go on thinking about past unless you have sufficient proof of present.If so about present go ahead.
Anil Gupta
Anil Gupta
Advocate, New Delhi
180 Answers
41 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

don't think of taking any extreme step u can teach they a lesson u collect proofs for your harassment and then initiate action against them i will guide u in each and every step u can contact me
Anil Kumar
Advocate, Bangalore
35 Answers
6 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ending the life is no option. This is a bad phase in your life. Face it bravely, and soon you will tide past it.

Coming to the legalities of your problem, you are at liberty to file for divorce on the ground of adultery of your wife as you have mentioned that she is having an extra marital affair. Before applying for divorce it will be wise to sit down with a lawyer and consult with him as to whether the evidence in your possession is sufficient for you to succeed in your quest for divorce. If she is not willing to go for a mutual divorce then the only remedy is for you to file for divorce unilaterally whereupon she will get an opportunity to contest the case.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23888 Answers
667 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

I would suggest you engage a detective agency. Obtain proof of adultery, then file for divorce making her lover a co-respondent. You need to bring your wife to negotiation table. Contact a local lawyer.
Committing suicide is no solution. In fact by doing so you will be playing into her hands. She gets part of property as your widow.
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
49200 Answers
2934 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

if you sufficient documents to support your stand, then you can file a case for divorce. however, you need to prove your allegations against your wife. so it is better that first you collect necessary documents in support of your case and then you can go ahead legally.
Ananth Kumar
Advocate, Bangalore
122 Answers
61 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

U can divorce on grounds cruelity& adultery .  but in such case u have prove the same in court.
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

try to settle the matter amicably and mutual divorce, it will be best option
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4928 Answers
230 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer