• Want to close the case

My cousion has done mistake he has done fraud from one couriour company. he purshased a mobile of 40k  after that as couriour recieved he tried to admit fraud with he changed the mobile instally without knowing couriour boy. after few hours couriour boy came with his team and attack harshly then they recorved the mobile. and then file a FIR againint it. he was in custody of two days after that he get a bailed now what he should do. now he get a called from police station that come to station we have file a chaargesheet.  now what
Asked 2 years ago in Criminal Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
Since the chargesheet has been filed the trial will now begin, so your cousin has to contest the case on merits. Alternatively, he may convince the courier company to agree to an out of court settlement and withdraw the complaint against him.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Once he is no bail he would attend the court on the date as fixed by the court for his apperances.
After the police submits charge sheet he will have to attend the court again and face trial.
As ling as trial goes on he is not gotten rid of the case.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12576 Answers
162 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Try to settled the matter with the complainant, the matter can be finished in initial stage otherwise have to fight the case for years.

Feel Free to Call
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4796 Answers
220 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1) if charge sheet has been filed trail would commence in the case

2) try to settle with courier company that filed case . 

3) on basis of settlement file for quashing before HC 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44479 Answers
2585 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, You have to verify in the FIR and Charge sheet under which offence  police has registered the Complaint. If the offence is compoundable then only you can entered into compromise with the Complainant and his consent is very important and if it is not Compoundable then you can't compromise the offence.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4538 Answers
202 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

If the police have registered the complaint under minor or petty offence, he may admit the charges before court and  get out of the case by paying the penalty or fine imposed by court in this regard.  Let him attend the police station and get a clear picture of the case on the lines explained above and try to solve the issue instead of stretching it any further. 
Alternately he can fight it out through a lawyer which may not be worth enough per cost and time involved.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
34587 Answers
373 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer