• Time limit for issue of judgement copy

in high court, a CRP disposed six month back, but no judgement received.
1 wheather any time limit for issue of judgement copy?
2remedy to get judgement ccopy?

3can i write to chief justice to direct high court judge to issue judgement copy?
please advise on further line of action
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Nagercoil, Tamil Nadu
You should just mention the court about pronouncement of judgment in the said matter.Alternatively file an application in the same case for pronouncement of judgment.Even if that does not work then file application in the court of Chief Justice but I do not think that would be required.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

1. No court provide judgment copy unless the same ias asked for in writing in proper format by the litigant. If the order is uploaded in website the party can have a look at it but the print of the same has no authenticity.
So in other words to get it you have to apply for its certified copy of payment of necessary charges.

2. The time to get it is 1-2 weeks.

3. Writing to anyone would only make you a laughing stock. Do as advised you herein above.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12536 Answers
161 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. no fixed time limit for issue of judgement copy.

2. apply on prescribed form  for getting certified copy of judgement on payment of necessary court fees.

3.no need for it.
R.K. Nanda
Advocate, New Delhi
457 Answers

3.8 on 5.0

1. There is no time limit for delivery of judgment copy. The date on which the certified copy of judgment is to be delivered is mentioned on the receipt which is issued at the time when you apply for the copy. If the copy is not ready by the date mentioned on the receipt then the date will be extended. If you pay the urgent court fee for obtaining the copy and apply it on an urgent basis then it could be supplied in 2 days from the date of application. If there is delay in supply of the copy then write to the registrar of copying branch.

2. Writing to the Chief Justice against a judge may invite your prosecution for contempt of court. The copy is not prepared and delivered by the judge who passed the judgment. This is not the process to be followed for obtaining the copy of the order. The process has been clearly provided by the law, and mentioned in the preceding para of my reply. So desist from writing to the Chief Justice.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Check whether judgement is delivered visiting visiting the site or from court if judgement given you can apply for a certified copy at any time there is no time limit for the same
Jeshma Mohandas KP
Advocate, Kozhikode
567 Answers
1 Consultation

3.5 on 5.0

A.	There is no time limit to apply for a Judgment Copy of the Court in any place in India.

B.	You can apply by tendering application by paying the prescribed fee.

C.	Need not be, because of it is a trifling matter
B.T. Ravi
Advocate, Bangalore
831 Answers
55 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) have you made an application for certified copy of order  before the Registry ? 

2) have you paid the charges for certified copy ? 

3) it takes maximum 4 weeks to obtain certified copy of order passed by court . 

4) you dont have to write to Chief  Justice to direct  judge to deliver you copy . 

5) you can also check the HC website and enter in your details for copy of order passed in your petition . it can be downloaded free of cost
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44363 Answers
2575 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you have to apply for the certified copy in the proper format and then you will get the copy.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4530 Answers
202 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

1. I just want to know what your lawyer has told you in this regard since it is not an issue at all,

2. The Judgement is uploaded in the website of the High Court,

3. If you are not satisfied with the webcopy of the Judgment, apply for a certified copy of the said judgment from the Court,

4 It will hardly take 1 to 2 weeks.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18160 Answers
438 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer