• Non fulfillment of contract

I made a contract with a company in India that builds websites, under the time line for the contract, they are finish, but my website does not work properly and many things to not function, if they won't fix it, what can I do?
Asked 2 years ago in Business Law from United States
Issue a lawyer's notice to it for breach of contract, thereby giving it a final opportunity to honour the contract. If it does not heed it then file move the competent consumer forum in India to claim the recovery of amount paid to it with interest and compensation for deficiency in services.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23173 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Did you ask them to fix the issues?if they are not doing it, you should send them a legal notice demanding the repair and maintenance of the website. If there is a singed contact between the company's and you  ,they are bound by the terms.
You can file aconsumer complaint if the company is not ready to do the needful despite the notice,  
The complaint can be filed eeking your fee paid retun and compensation for mental agony,finnancial loss.
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1515 Answers
139 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) First and foremost you can send a legal notice to the company to remedy the flaws in the web site it has built for you. This must be done after having exhausted direct contacts with the company for a suitable resolution.

2) Of the company fails to address your concerns and resolve them satisfactorily, you can file a complaint with the Consumer Dispute Redressal Forum to get a resolution. It can be getting the web site to work as it should. In case they cannot rectify the flaws they will be liable to compensate you.

S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
2264 Answers
110 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) you have to issue notice to company that website is not working properly and to rectify the defects 

2) if the company fails to make website function claim damages from the company 

3) file suit for damages to recover loss suffered by you 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46856 Answers
2772 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Firstly you may issue a legal notice to them to rectify the problem, make the things function properly as per the guidelines. 
In the notice you may instruct them to have this rectification done within a time stipulated by you. 
You may also include that they are liable to pay compensation due to this faulty completion  as well as for mental harassment or agony you faced due to this and you may make the demanded payment either in the currency by which this deal was finalised or to return the entire amount collected by them towards this deal, failing which, you may warn them about stern legal action against them properly through respective laws of each country besides other actions to blacklist his company worldwide.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
37030 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer