• Can I disown my son?

My son is always torturing me and has made all his property in his name although he lives with me.

Can i disown him?
Asked 2 years ago in Family Law from Jaigaon, West Bengal
Religion: Hindu
1) you can disown your son if you so desire

2)if your son is staying in your house you can ask him to vacate your house

3) if he refuses file suit and obtain orders directing him to vacate portion of house in his possession and obtain injunction restraining him from disturbing your peaceful possession of the house
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44439 Answers
2582 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, If you written the "WILL" then you can change to any number of times.

2. If the property was transferred any other modes then you can't do anything. 
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4535 Answers
202 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

it is your choice and right that if you want to disown him then you can.

published your intention in Newspapers and file an affidavit before the authority/newspaper regarding the same and if you want any court order then file a civil suit for declaration before civil court and get an disownment order from the court.

Feel Free to call
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4796 Answers
220 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

How did he 'make all the property in his name'? You are free to evict him from your property by filing a suit for eviction against him in the civil court.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer