• Friend used my credit card and not paying the bill

Dear Sir; 

Me and My friend worked in a company but he was senior from me and Powerful than me due to his reached to our senior .

I was given him my credit card to use under pressure but he had assured me to pay credit card bill which he used . 

But now he is not paying my credit card bill . Now bill due is going very high which is not bearable by me .

I am a middle class family and My Salary also not So much .

So Kindly help and Suggest .

I am waiting your response .

Ajit Kumar Barik
Asked 3 years ago in Civil Law from Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
1) you permitted your friend to use your credit card . 

2) if he refuses to pay the credit card bill you will have to make payment . 

3) if you fail to pay bank will levy  interest at 3%per month ie 36%per annum on outstandings . 

4) borrow from your parents and pay the bill  before it increases further
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44220 Answers
2565 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

A. first of all ask ur bank to block ur credit card so that no transaction can be done by its use.

B.send legal notice to ur co. friend to give u the bill amount asap so that u can pay bill in time.

C. take back ur credit card from ur friend at the earliest.
R.K. Nanda
Advocate, New Delhi
457 Answers

3.8 on 5.0

First of all send a legal notice to him and demand to make the payment if he is not ready to make the payment then file a civil suit for recovery against him before civil court along with interest and claim damages also.
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4793 Answers
219 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. You gave the credit card to your friend from your own free volition. You have to now pay the bill failing which monthly interest will be levied by the bank. 

2. I will not advise sending a legal notice or filing a case for recovery against your friend as the charges have been debited to your credit card coupled with the fact that you will not be able to prove that he was under a liability to pay back the charges to you. So filing the case will be a colossal wastage of time and money.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Lodge a complaint to the Police as well as your employer.You should ask your bank to close your Credit Card transaction.You can also send a Legal Notice to your friend,no need to file any case at this stage.
Minansu Bhadra
Advocate, Kolkata
384 Answers
28 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Lodge police complaint that he harassed you  and threatening you and took your credit and not paying amount. Give a complaint to higher officials of the company too.
Jeshma Mohandas KP
Advocate, Kozhikode
567 Answers
1 Consultation

3.5 on 5.0

1. Take the credit card back from him and pay the bills you had allowed him to incur through your card,

2. If he refuses to return you your credit card, go to your Bank and report missing of the card to stop payment against the said card,

3. Settle all the bills he has incurred through your card,

4. Do not repeat the mistake.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18114 Answers
438 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

First of all lodge a complaint for loss of card and get it blocked. Ask your friend to pay bill if he does not then bear yourself as you have given him for his use.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer