• Extortion of Rs. 1500

Sir/Madam, I would like to know from your expert legal team in the following matter that, can I file a criminal case of an extortion against the so called lawyer, who compelled and pressurized me to make a payment of Rs. 1500.00  on behalf of the Tikona Digital Networks, even though I had not been a defaulter in anyway whatsoever. The Tikona Digital Networks however sent me an email for the refund of the said amount of Rs. 1500 within 30 working days after finding that, I do not owe them even a single Rupee towards an any outstanding type of payment, which proved that I did no wrong, yet the so called lawyer of New Delhi, who had put me through a harrowing moment without finding the fact, she kept on threatening me of dire legal consequences and forced me to make the said payment online under her guidance through her cell phone and after the payment was made trough the Net Banking she took the transaction ID number from me the same moment as a confirmation of the said payment. Therefore you are kindly requested to guide me in this matter.
Thanking you,
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from Pune, Maharashtra
Settle the matter amicably with the said lawyer,failing which if you have any grievance then you can lodge a complaint to the local Bar Association or State Bar Council.
Minansu Bhadra
Advocate, Kolkata
386 Answers
28 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. How is she associated with Tikona Digital Networks?

2. What document do you have to prove your allegation?

3. If Tikona has collected excess payment from you then you should claim refund of the said amount from Trikona,

4. More details is required to understand as to why did she presuurised you to make such a small payment,

5. If you have sufficient evidence of her such misconduct, you can lodge a complaint with the Bar Council of your state and also the local Bar Association,

6. But make sure that you have enough evidence to prove your allegation otherwise it may seriously backfire on you.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18730 Answers
452 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can settle the matter amicably .enquire on which capacity she bought it. Lodge a complaint to bar council. You must submit proof that she bought on their behalf
Jeshma Mohandas KP
Advocate, Kozhikode
567 Answers
1 Consultation

4.5 on 5.0

1. Did this lawyer act on behalf of Tikona Digital Networks? Did she issue a lawyer's notice to you on her own letter pad on behalf of Tikona Digital Networks? If yes, did you reply to it? 

2. You have also stated that you were pressurised by the concerned lawyer to make the payment, albeit the query is silent on the nature of pressure exerted by her on you. 

3. If the amount has been collected by Tikona in spite of there being no documentary proof of your liability to it then you may in addition to filing a case against this advocate also file a case for cheating and breach of trust against them.

4. If and only if you have sufficient proof of the guilt of the concerned advocate then file a complain to the State Bar Council against him. Do not risk filing the complaint in the absence of strict proof.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23092 Answers
639 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

if you have strong evidence file a complain before state bar council. you willl get relief . but in absence evidence do not proceed as it may backfire
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

file a complaint before police with the Phone No. for threatening and harassment against that person who called you you can send the complaint to the service provider too.
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4875 Answers
224 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer