• False complaint

My wife has field 2 complaints against me for beating and using bad words against her

First complaint when she registered was false afterwards when i asked her she said she was forced and advised by her relatives to do it....

Second complain was registered when i slapped her due to her un tolerant behaviour.....

Now police says that if third complaint is done then i will come in problem and be jailed and her past two complaints will be used against me as a proof

Now again she has realised her mistakes and want to come back home

but now i am totally confused and i don't want to risk my career and life of my parents 

what should i do plz sugess..
Asked 1 year ago in Family Law from Pune, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
1) ask yiur wife to withdraw the earlier complaints made by her 

2) ask yiur wife to give in writing that there has been no dowry demands before or after marriage 

3) that there has been no incidents of physical assault after marriage 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
40235 Answers
2286 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you should appear before the police and signed on compromise deed, keep one copy and let the police to file second copy in record. this is a valuable evidence that wife accepted her mistake and prepare to live with her husband with her own accord. 

Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
4817 Answers
75 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Hi, As per law even though she lodge a third Complaint police can't arrest you immediately, first they have to issue a notice to you and then only they have to register FIR against you.

2. It is better based on the earlier two Complaints you have to approach the Court for anticipatory bail and under normal circumstances court will grant Bail.

3. If she come back to your home it is better both of you go for marriage counselor and counselling will help you to sort out the issue amicably.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4451 Answers
197 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

You have to take the call on this. As your legally wedded wife she has the right to reside in her matrimonial home during the subsistence of her marriage. If you do not allow her entry then she may file a case of domestic violence to enforce her right to residence.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22617 Answers
609 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer