• Transfer of property


I have a joint property with my friend but now I want to transfer my share to her.  Can I do it by waiver of rights? If not then please let me know the other avialable options.
Asked 2 years ago in Property Law from Pune, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
1. You can release your share in the property in favour of your friend by executing Release Deed (Relinquishment of rights) in her favour.
2. The release Deed has to be duly stamped and registered in the jurisdictional Sub Registrar's office.
3. Other available option is to gift your share in the property to your friend by your executing Gift Deed in favour of your friend.

Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1655 Answers
109 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) you can execute deed of relinquishment in favour of friend 

2) have it duly stamped and regd 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46885 Answers
2772 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can transfer your share of property to her by executing a registered gift deed in her favor.  Relinquishment of rights will not be applicable to this scenario. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
37047 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The rights will be waived as a corollary to the transfer of title to her. You may execute a gift deed in her favour which has to be stamped and registered. 
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23176 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you can relinquish your right in his favour. you should file a notorised deed and submit it before the registrar thereafter notice will be issued by him, you should appear in compliance of notice and record your statement. this is the simple procedure.
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
5066 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer