• Sacked from private school

Hello. I was appointed a teacher in a private school in Nov 15. I worked there as per rules. The principal there used to trouble me with small issues expecting me to leave the school. But I didnt give up and continued working. I kept asking for Appointment letter and they kept making silly excuses and kept avoiding it. Now suddenly they have said that I should not come to work after this month. What can I do in this regard. I dont want to leave the job. My attendence is recorded in the register and all documents. However, the salary was paid to me im cash and not in my bank account.
Place: Jaisalmer(Rajasthan)
Asked 2 years ago in Labour from Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
1) you have not been issued appointment letter by school 

2) if yiu had been issued appointment letter your termination would be as per terms and conditions  of appointment letter 

3) in addition all salaries hav been paid by cash 

4) even if you move court you won't get any reliefs 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45474 Answers
2672 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

 Did they issue a termination letter  .if not aproch  a teachers organisation if any and ask them to interfere.
Is there a way to meet your management /trustee and give a complaint directly? If so try that.
Since there was no appointment letter  the school will be safe as there are no terms of appointment violated.
You should also approach the district education officer with a complaint  regarding the I'll treatment,since it is a private school any notification from the DEO will irk the managent. Actually management should know about the situation
Taking a legal action you should approach a court to get an order to reinstate you orelse give your termination compensation.
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1515 Answers
134 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Without an appointment letter being issued you should not have agreed to start working. You can demand an official relieving or termination notice from the school by sending a lawyer's notice to the school but you must bear in mind that a private employer has plenary power to discontinue the services of its employees. The courts do not ordinarily interfere with such decisions of private schools. The legal battle, if launched, will be mentally and financially taxing.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The attendance marking your presence in the school shall be a substantial evidence to prove your employment.
You should be having some papers by which you were called for interview and were asked to work in so and so class as a teacher?, 
First issue a legal notice demanding the reason for ousting your service  and then you can file a writ petition before high court to re-instate your employment. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35651 Answers
386 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you should file a case for performance of contract before the district civil court, however you have very few protection but school cannot breach general work contract. you can file a case before the labour tribunal for compensation but it is very time taking procedure. 

it is better for you to file case for performance of contract and take appointment letter. 
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
5066 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer