• Public toilet being built right in front of my house by Municipal Corporation

A public toilet is being built right infront of my house by Municipal Corporation. My house is at a distance of  15 ft from the construction site. Also the sceptic tank that is being built is very close the Water Pump house (storage tank )which supplies water to the entire Jhansi city.

There are high chances that the water from the sceptic tank may seep to the underground storage contaminating the water in the storage tank.

If it starts operating it will become unbearable for us to open the front doors of our house because of the stink it will generate.

Please advice.
Asked 1 year ago in Civil Law from Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh
1) request muncipal corporation to shift construction of public toilet as it will cause health hazards in case underground septic tanks leaks .

2) also the unbearable stench that would pervade the area in case public toilet is built

3) if no action taken file writ  petition in HC to direct munciapl corporation to shift location of public toilet 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
35425 Answers
1964 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

 it is necessary that  you should approach court to get an injunction on the construction of toilet and its use.

if 15 ft. is the real distance from the toilets and water tank or well it is against the rules .

You should file a suit in the court and seek an injunction against the work and continuation of the public toilet.
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1478 Answers
119 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

This seems to be an ill conceived plan. You can file a suit for injunction to restrain the corporation through judicial orders from building the toilet.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
21382 Answers
572 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Immediately file a civil suit for injunction against the Municipal before civil court and try to get stay order.

Feel Free to Call
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4302 Answers
190 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Generally the local civic authorities shall not choose a residential area for such public conveniences even though it convenient for the general public. 
You have rights to live in your house without being disturbed through such external issues.
You may bring the fact that is the disturbance in your daily life through the stench and other public inconveniences to the attention of the Municipal authorities.  You may gather the neighbors who are also affected by this act of the municipality to present a combined petition to the authorities concerned to remove the public convenience from this place and to have it sifted to some other place for the reasons you may believe it to be hazardous to the health of the people in the surroundings.
You may also contemplate to fie a PIL against the authorities is no action is taken on your petition by them.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
25450 Answers
250 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a Lawyer