• Onus to inform authorities regarding renewal agreement

i have a property ,munucipal authorities are levying municipal taxes on it 
one part of  the property"s agreement will be renewed and registered .

by law do i need to inform the municipal authorities on my own or the corporation will seek it as and when it needs regarding the new agreement

ie is the onus is on me to inform the authorities 
thanks
umesh
Asked 1 year ago in Property Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
Dear Umesh
Onus is upon you to informed them regarding the renewal of your agreement if there is no specific clause in agreement regarding the renewal of the agreement.

1) in case you have renewed your leave and licensee agreement with licensee you can intimate BMC if you so desire 

2) BMC  receives information of all registered leave and licence agreements from the registration department 

What does the agreement relate to? 

If you have to renew the agreement, it becomes your duty to communicate to the authorities about it and get it renewed subsequent to which the applicable taxes are to be paid. 
If this is not done from your side, the danger of imposing the late fee and penalty are brighter when it becomes late at a later date.

you do inform the municipal corporation regarding new agreement because whenever a right is accrued regarding the property then it should be intimated to the concerned authority.